forum

F-Zero GX

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
I bought this game today for $3.50 CAD and I enjoy the gameplay but I have one question

can you upgrade the Blue Falcon in story mode or is story mode just really difficult. I mean level 1 was a cinch but level 2 took me like 10 tries.
RemmyX25
Oh it gets worse. Chapter 3 and you'll think the CPU racers are cheating whores. (Ill give you a tip, max out your Max Speed. Once boost power is enabled, you'll need every bit of speed you can get) And then comes Chapter 4 which is fun, i wont lie about that, but is a huge pain in the ass.

Havent gotten much farther than that, I keep losing my data for some reason. (I blame my brothers)

Oh in answer to your question? As far as I know, no you can't. The only change you can make is the Acceleration/Max Speed graph.
Zaron_old
Story Mode is just efftons hard. I managed to finish it, but not without great effort. =3=

It's good game overall, tho. Joker cup kicks my arse, can't even finish half those tracks in time trials... but still. Save the eye strain it starts subjecting you to, the speed is still awesome by any standard and it's a solid racer overall.

Best of luck, yo.
lukewarmholiday
Cant upgrade stock cars.

Story mode is a bitch, most of the computers have rubber band AI on top of flat out having better speed than you. Get accustomed to taking out other vehicles because it's almost a necessity in some story mode missions.
Wojjan
The Great FAMICON
Topic Starter
awp
Yeah I saw some fishy business in Chapter 2 with Goroh hitting boulders and literally bouncing around them.

I also boosted past him around 300m to the finish line because he got stopped by a rock, and he still won
Bestelle

awp wrote:

Yeah I saw some fishy business in Chapter 2 with Goroh hitting boulders and literally bouncing around them.

I also boosted past him around 300m to the finish line because he got stopped by a rock, and he still won
The computer is a cheating bastard.

Seriously, though. That's part of the reason why I never decided to buy the game.
lukewarmholiday

RL Link wrote:

awp wrote:

The computer is a cheating bastard.

Seriously, though. That's part of the reason why I never decided to buy the game.
It's part of the reason I bought the game
Topic Starter
awp
I bought the game because it was 3.50

that's the main reason. I paid more for F-Zero, and it was only like 5 dollars lol
Remco32
Probably the reason for the difficulty:
SPOILER
Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by another game and that game has it's cock in F-Zero's wife's mouth and he's holding a cell phone up to her and F-Zero can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the rear end in a top hat game then says, "You beat that cock-sucking human, or I'll blow her brains out." I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.
LuBucifer
Yeah F-Zero GX^^ Yeah the Story Mode is really hard. The hardest Mission is the Story F-Zero GP i cant even finish this on hard O.o
Some Story chapters have i finished even on extreme^^
And Cpt. Falcon cant Snake <.<
Black Shadow is the best at Snakeing i think^^
K2J
The Story mode might be frustrating, but I find the traditional GP mode more enjoyable. That's partially due to my inexperience, and partially due to the larger machine and track variety.

I really hope they make a sequel to this (or at least X) for the 3DS. Seems like a perfect fit.

Also:

RemmyX25
To be honest, I'm surprised I havent heard of a F-Zero for the Wii.