forum

Capsule x Daft Punk x Beastie Boys - Starry Sky YEAH! Remix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FishHook
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, January 08, 2010 at 7:35:19 AM

Artist: Capsule x Daft Punk x Beastie Boys
Title: Starry Sky YEAH! Remix
Tags: Capsule Daft Punk Beastie Boys Starry Sky Check It Out Technologic
BPM: 127
Filesize: 11540kb
Play Time: 05:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.64 stars, 738 notes)
  2. Insane (4.79 stars, 765 notes)
Download: Capsule x Daft Punk x Beastie Boys - Starry Sky YEAH! Remix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Taking a break from this song mainly because I need to re-work almost 100% of the beats. It was my first real attempt and right now I am working on other projects to improve my skills. I definitely want to have this one done and maybe tune down the scoring for it to be ranked. Maybe over summer break.

12/13/09 **UPDATE** Re-worked placement of many beats on Insane difficulty. Slightly altered some areas becuase the beat sounded off. Added additional sounds on Insane difficulty. Does the song sound more interesting with added sounds or not? Anything else sound off-beat? Any patterns or location of beats funky?

12/10/09 **(NEW VERSION! I completely re-did the timing for the song and it sounds more solid then solid (Something Joe Dirt would say) Please give it a try. I promise you don't be totally banging your keyboard against your face. Any adive is always welcome.)**

1/4/10
Increased Circle Size one notch on both difficulties.

1/8/10
Added sounds to [Hard]

BEWARE OF 2X SLIDERS on insane.

Odd, but the beats per map are off from what the actual map has.

Insane has a 941 max combo.
Hard has a 900 max combo.

Thanks for the info Sushi! When I get the time, I'll definitely get to fixing up the map. I though I already had a background, the record picture. What do you mean by that? Also, what is a preview point? Lastly, what does it mean when you say "unsnapped not (check AIMod [Ctrl+Shift+A] , snapping section."?

I'm thinking of toning down the hard diff to a normal diff with the map ending maybe half way through and making the insane into a hard difficulty. I'm not TOTALLY concerned with getting the map into a ranked seat if the score becomes too high. Personally, I love the remix and want others to enjoy the whole song and have fun following the beat.
Topic Starter
FishHook
well, a day off from hearing the song and after I played it again today, i feel some parts aren't right. (Sleep deprivation from finals preparation is killing me >_<) I'll get around to fixing up some parts I don't like, maybe change the BPM to some parts. It feels like different sections are slightly different in beat since its a remix of 4 different songs. Hopefully, I can get school work done and get to this tuning the map up some more sooner rather then later.

*edit* New Version done. Re-submitted. This post and the next, disregard.
Topic Starter
FishHook
removed post due to figuring out how to re-submit =P
Topic Starter
FishHook
any advice welcome :D
Sushi
First : do not triple post. useless.

Second : i will do a global mod post.

[Length and score]
This song is long. besides, the maximum score is a bit too high for a ranked map.
Seriously, 15Millions for your hard diff...

[Difficulty]
The difficulty of the song is very heterogenous (i mean, some parts are reaaaaaaally easy, while some parts are really confusing.
Besides, the difficulty between hard and insane has not grown a lot, except the size of notes and some added notes.
And you need a normal difficulty.

[Misc]
Add a preview point and a background. you MUST have them.

[Timing]
Timing is fine, but you have a lot of unsnapped not (check AIMod [Ctrl+Shift+A] , snapping section.

[Mapping]
You have too many spacing errors. do you use distance snapping? try not to change the spacing inside of a combo.
You have some loooong combos. try to split them.
as I said earlier, you have a lot of confusing parts (a lot of grouped notes, with a low overall difficulty = CHAOS).

Consider remapping.

However, for a first map, you seem to have understood some of the basics (specially for timing)

I won't star this for the moment. need a lot of work.
senaya
ohh, this mix is so fukken awesome :(
god damn it, why it's graveyarded? :o