forum

Rename "Double time" to "2x speed" [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
Explorer09
These 2 mods' names are quite confusing.

For example, "Double time" means the song length are doubled, thus the song should be slower. However, it became faster when enabled.

Therefore,
"Double time" should be renamed into "2x speed"
"Half time" should be renamed into "0.5x speed"
Sinistro
Unfortunately, Double Time does not actually double the speed of the beatmap, and Half Time does not halve it. They're just names that make you think of faster/slower speed. So your suggestion, if implemented, would make things even more misleading/confusing.

I guess an alternative suggestion could be to change the mod names so that they don't have any mention of numbers...
rust45
I find this completely unnecessary and a waste of time on plenty of skinner's parts. It's pretty easy to figure out what half time and double time mean since double time is in the row of mods to make the game harder, and halftime in is the row of mods to make it easier.

Besides, in music terms, "time" is basically the tempo of the song(Please correct me if I'm wrong, I know I'm on the right track) thus double time and half time make sense in word usage.
deadbeat

rust45 wrote:

I find this completely unnecessary and a waste of time on plenty of skinner's parts. It's pretty easy to figure out what half time and double time mean since double time is in the row of mods to make the game harder, and halftime in is the row of mods to make it easier.
Agree
LuigiHann
In Tae Bo, when they speed up, they call it Double Time

Also, you can see a description of each mod if you hover your cursor over it, and really, the very worst case scenario is that somebody starts to play with the wrong mod, in which case it should become immediately obvious what that one does, and by extension, what the other one does.
Nakata Yuji
I'm going to have to say that this is useless. After all, which sounds more appealing, double time or ....2x...speed...
Atmey
I some times tend to change it on skin level.
peppy
No
yin yifu
because its only 150%x speed ==
deadbeat
please don't bump old completed requests.
*tag fixed*