forum

Catch The Beat, playable with mouse. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Moving the CTB character with mouse. It would be really cool! Since osu! is all about, mouse & click~
Dusty
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Yes but with hidden mouse

And btw, I've played osu! for almost 6 months, and I just now realized that we can use mouse to play CTB using relax mod.
LuigiHann
Yeah that's kind of an under-advertised feature.

I still think it'd be possible to have regular ranked CtB be controllable by having the catcher character follow the cursor, but still have the same current maximum speed. Although I guess you could hold down the dash button and it would be too precise to be fair... unless you couldn't move the cursor while dashing. Hmm.
Ephemeral

LuigiHann wrote:

Yeah that's kind of an under-advertised feature.

I still think it'd be possible to have regular ranked CtB be controllable by having the catcher character follow the cursor, but still have the same current maximum speed. Although I guess you could hold down the dash button and it would be too precise to be fair... unless you couldn't move the cursor while dashing. Hmm.
I am visualizing this in my head and I LOVE what I am seeing.

That would be awesome.
qlum
I rather have controller and joystick support in fruits
Nakata Yuji

qlum wrote:

Joy2Key works well for stuff like this. Link.
I myself use it for taiko.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
I still think using the mouse as luigi has specified would decrease the difficulty of CtB as compared to using keyboard.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
That's why I suggest this feature and Luigi make it nicer. To decrease the difficulty.
Ekaru

We don't *want* to decrease the difficulty, though. CtB is ranked, and there are quite a few players who take it seriously. Let's not slap them in the face because you can't be bothered to get good using the keyboard, shall we?
Xgor
Nonononono.
It's fine as it is and if you want to play with mouse just use relax mod....
qlum

Nakata Yuji wrote:

qlum wrote:

Joy2Key works well for stuff like this. Link.
I myself use it for taiko.
I know how to make my controller work in osu! but its still on/off movement
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Alright