forum

m-flo - Cosmic Night Run

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, 23 March 2008 at 11:26:57 p.m.

Artist: m-flo
Title: Cosmic Night Run
BPM: 106.05
Filesize: 5886kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.71 stars, 198 notes)
  2. Hard (4.63 stars, 329 notes)
Download: m-flo - Cosmic Night Run
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
OK, so forget all the timing sections and custom sounds, I'm getting rid of it.

Both beatmaps are (finally) finished!
peppy
Love this. Can't wait for hard!

p.s. add a background and some storyboarding or something :P. i'll help with this if you cbfd
James
"snap this map plz"
j/k

Nice map, I liked those *clap clap* effects.
Theres one thing I would like to comment, 02:58:63 threw me off, I thought the next circle I am going to press is the tail of the slider! :)
EDIT: Okay I'm going to clear this comment up, since Kai is being stupid on it.
02:58:63 is overlookable, I just commented on it, I didn't say it is wrong.
Kai
i found this beatmap correctly timed , those extra sounds are cool and mixs with the song
keep your great work Echo :)
Rolled
I cannot say this is one of my favorite m-flo songs :(

But as for the map, it's just a basic normal map I suppose. Ouendan style spacing inconsistancies are overlookable. Sound effects are a cool touch. Hopefully a harder difficulty will help me enjoy this song some more.

Starred upon more difficulties.
peppy

Rolled wrote:

m-flo do a huge variety of genres - you have to take them all on and enjoy each song by itself :). i can't say this is one of my favourites either, but the more you listen to it, the more catchy it gets.
Topic Starter
Echo

Rolled wrote:

Ouendan style spacing inconsistancies are overlookable.
I can't stop listening to the bridge and chorus :P

Can you point out some of the spacing inconsistencies? I tried hard to not have any spacing inconsistencies and I can't think of any off the top of my head, except for that bit James had trouble with.
Rolled
Spacing jumps is a better phrase for it, I suppose. I didn't mean it to sound as serious as it came accross.

1:10:59 is a jump.
1:23:60 is techincally to close to the 2.
1:25:09 - this is technically too close too

Those are nazi'd though. I said overlookable because they are really.. overlookable.
EiJi
Aside from overlooked 'Ouendan style spacing inconsistencies' looks good to me. I've never played Ouendan, so I won't comment on spacing.

Fraeon
Going to rank this.
Rolled

Echo49 wrote:

Will be making hard(er) map.
..=/
James

Rolled wrote:

Echo49 wrote:

Will be making hard(er) map.
..=/
I second =/
Topic Starter
Echo
Unranked.

Changed back to .
chan
At first I was like "wtf, 43 timing points", but then I read your first post.
You could have added different timing points working from the end of the song backwards to not have such a problem with the offsets, but whatever hey.

Note 3 is off at 02:38:84 though. Otherwise I'd thought bubble this.

Also you're still doing another difficulty :P
Topic Starter
Echo
Wow, nicely spotted chan! I think I'll follow your advice and redo the timing sections from the end. Should be a lot better after next update. About 20% through Hard I think.
Topic Starter
Echo
So I finally finished hard. I'm not too sure on the offset, so suggestions if you feel it's not quite right.

peppy wrote:

p.s. add a background and some storyboarding or something :P. i'll help with this if you cbfd
Yes please :P
peppy
Why did you give up on the custom sounds? :'( they were awesome
chan
I think there are a lot more Ouendan style spacing inconsistencies with the hard map. I don't feel comfortable ranking this because of these spacings. Generally I'm a bit more lenient for having more space for longer times between notes. Here's a list of times in hard which stand out due to inconsistent spacings:
00:45:72
00:53:92
01:17:69
01:58:14
02:20:75
02:30:39 (and all the following sliders)
03:07:73 (and sliders until 03:09:43)

Also, the combo @ 01:18:82 (and combos of similar patterns which soon follow after) has different spacing between 1&2 and 2&3. These patterns also occure from 03:01:79.

So I haven't actually played Ouendan or EBA so I'm hesitant to make a proper judgement on this, unless you didn't want spacings like this. If other mods are cool with this, then I'm good to rank this.
Topic Starter
Echo
I've toned down everything in that list except 3:07, which I want to keep that way.
James
I played the old one, I don't know which is better though.
I *kinda* did not notice a thing. Maybe because I kept on playing your Starry Sky.

Bubbled.
show more