forum

0.00 BPM and NaN Offset? [#113] [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
James
Not sure if this was posted already, I can't search anything related using the search bar, or I'm just bad in searching.

Whenever I try to time a song, it(topic title) always shows up before timecount reaches 0.
I also tried switching to public build and problem still shows up.
I thought I fixed it by downloading the tutorial and fix my UO (which it did yesterday, lol)
Now my problem shows up again.

Using:
Win7 64-bit and all of my drivers are updated.
Using osu! b1183.test
anonymous_old
Maybe you are clicking too fast or too slow. Try slowing down or speeding up, respectively.
Topic Starter
James
how would i time the song properly then?
anonymous_old
If you tap twice as fast or twice as slow, you'll get twice or half the BPM. Then just half or double the BPM when you're done timing, if you wish.
Topic Starter
James
nope, i tried that already before i post here.
it seems to always skip the "2" count when tapping, thats why that shows up..
"keep going..."
"3..."
"1..."
nan offset

...tried it few times just now.
Azure_Kite
This seems to happen to me on random occasions too.

It will freeze for a moment then go to 0.00 BPM and an offset of NaN.
It also seems to affect the 8 tap counter somehow, since It will start at 8, then go something like 7, 6, 4, 2, and then go to 0.00 BPM and the offset.

For some reason I've also had a BPM infinity occur like this; no matter how many times I try to time a song it'll do it until I restart osu.
Topic Starter
James
I even tried reinstalling osu! yesterday but it did not fix it, then I downloaded the tutorial and it got fixed until the time I started this thread.

Oh well, maybe osu! doesnt want me to map anymore, haha.

...and that infinity bpm also happens to me occassionally..
RemmyX25
Clear all timing sections before trying again?
awp
Are you using the keyboard or the mouse to do your taps? Apparently this only happens when using the keyboard. Try timing by pressing the left mouse button instead.

Don't know why the two operate differently, myself, but that's the observation.
Topic Starter
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lybydose
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ephemeral
Replicated on b1183.test - it is an issue involving Microsoft IME. Instructions are as follows:

Press alt-shift at any time while the game client is open when IME is enabled.
Go into editor and begin to time normally using the 'T' key.
Each press will count for two timing measures and upon initial timing completion, BPM is set to 0/Infinity and the offset to NaN/some absurdly huge number.

Sifted as issue #113 - http://osu.sifterapp.com/issue/113
Ephemeral
Fixed as of b1201.test.

Issue resolved.