forum

Upload beatmap in background. [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
I'm not sure about the rest of the community, but I have a fairly slow internet. This makes upload times pretty lengthy for me, maybe 20 minutes or so. When I'm uploading something to youtube or something else, I usually play osu! because a speedy internet connection isn't needed to play single player. The problem here is that I can't do that when I'm doing a full upload for a beatmap, especially ones with video.

So I was thinking, maybe we could make it so uploads run in background, so we can still do stuff in osu! when it's uploading. This will probably get shot down quick, but for people with slow internet it might be helpful.
anonymous_old
Instant support.
Real1
Support. Even though I have a very fast connection.
Torran
So it's like a 360 and not a Wii.

Support~!
Azure_Kite
Definitely support but my guess is it would have to lock the player out of the beatmap being submitted, or at least save to a temporary directory somewhere else while it's being uploaded.

This would save me heaps of time ;p
awp

soradg123 wrote:

;( My Wii does background downloading

though it only supports one background download at a time, so downloads are queue'd, as oppose to simultaneous

anyhow, I don't see this as being a bothersome feature by any means. It'd be nice to have; even if I wouldn't make use of it, many people would.
nardii

soradg123 wrote:

What's wrong with the Wii? Is it that it's horribly designed, which makes it a lot harder for game developers to use than it should be and backfired on Nintendo themselves as well, and is just a Gamecube with updated hardware in almost every aspect you can think of?

Yes, that's it.

Support.
Torran

soradg123 wrote:

I was referring to the inability of the Wii to download in the Wii Shop Channel while doing something else such as playing a game.
LuigiHann
Putting console wars aside for this thread...

For some reason I think that if this were easy to add, it would have been added a while back. It used to be that you couldn't do anything while uploading a map. On request, peppy added the ability to chat while uploading. So the fact that he added only chat makes me wonder how much more difficult it would be to add the ability to go back to the menu and play other songs.

Still, I'd like this feature, especially now with this computer not showing me any working upload progress bars.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

LuigiHann wrote:

Putting console wars aside for this thread...

For some reason I think that if this were easy to add, it would have been added a while back. It used to be that you couldn't do anything while uploading a map. On request, peppy added the ability to chat while uploading. So the fact that he added only chat makes me wonder how much more difficult it would be to add the ability to go back to the menu and play other songs.

Still, I'd like this feature, especially now with this computer not showing me any working upload progress bars.
You make a good point there, but it all comes down to what peppy says; we don't really have enough information to know why it's not here. One can only hope. *crosses fingers*
qlum
support!

"PC gaming FTW"
GabrielRKF
Suport!
Fuuko
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
This will likely coincide with osz2 support, all going well.
Derekku
So, denied/resolved for now? :P