forum

performace with left hand

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arion_old
sup Osu!,

I'm left-handed and i play Osu! for a long time ago (like 2 years guess), I try hard to get better but I really suck cuz I play with the default right-hand like you guys.
It's like, my hand stuck sometimes, the pinkie block my hand to move from long right-side combos.
I try to do spinners on clockwise side (cuz i think is better to me), but mostly of time i miss then, any little harder spinner :cry:, i really suck on it.

So, I really will be greatiful if any Osu! left-handed player got tips 4 me. Any default-handed players to <3

cya in Osu!
awp
la la moved to Gameplay and Rankings.

not left handed though
varq
I really don't think it matters which hand is your dominate hand, because either way, it's your dominate hand. And for the spinning, I spin clockwise myself, but some people who are also right handed, spin counter-clockwise. There are no real advantages of being right handed, and I'm pretty sure mappers don't map in favor of their own hand dominance. You just have to keep playing to get better.
Nakata Yuji
I'm left handed.
Practice is what it's all about.
If you don't want your pinky to be in the way, then move it up a bit, and take advantage of your left hands; use them to click with z and x. Spinners are clockwise for me as well, spin in the center. Strangely enough, they are my weak point too. That's all I can really tell you for now, but practice hard maps.

Good luck! :lol:
mm201
I've gotten to be pretty good with my left hand. It helps keep my right hand free to scroll through the pictures.

Oh, you meant osu! I could probably fumble through an Easy, but I don't try it much.
anonymous_old
++MetalMario201;
mtmcl
I'm left-handed. I use the touchpad with my right hand and z/x with my left. Spin clockwise. For some reason I can't play very well with my left hand. I wonder how I'd do with a mouse or tablet though...
qlum
also left handed but my mouse is on the right and I suck when I use it with my left hand
Topic Starter
Arion_old
I really thank you guys for the tips, thanks for give me such attention <3
I guess I make an stupid topic, been left or right handed don't interferes in ur performace.

But thanks anyway ;3
homiloko
I'm left handed too, and I think it doesn't make any difference. You should use a left-handed or ambidextrous mouse though. Right-handed mouses are really uncomfortable if you are using your left hand (obviously).
Anzo
Normal way: Right hand for moving the cursor, and left hand for holding and clicking...
but I don't play good at streams because I always press an extra key ...
(xzx -> xzxz) or (xzxz -> xzxzx)
mekadon_old
1 year bump wooooarrrrggghhhh ;__;

Am a left handed, but I use my right hand when playing.
Akai-_old
I'm left-handed, but I can't play with left hand for unknown reason, so I aim with right hand and press with left. That's really doesn't matter which hand is your dominant one o.o
Waryas
tablet playstyle:
left hand pen+right hand keyboard
mouse playstyle:
left hand keyboard+right hand mouse

i'm cool.
Hikaros

JesusYamato wrote:

tablet playstyle:
mouse playstyle:

i'm cool.
wait wat? o: that's awesome. Once i tried to play with my left hand and it looked like i was playing osu! while having endless seizures.
ziin
I do a number of things with my left hand. Use a mouse is not one of them. Streaming wouldn't be affected though.
Haseo_old
I fap write with my left hand. I'm mouse-only, so I don't use my left hand for z/x.
Waryas

Hikaros wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

tablet playstyle:
mouse playstyle:

i'm cool.
wait wat? o: that's awesome. Once i tried to play with my left hand and it looked like i was playing osu! while having endless seizures.
I'm one of those people who use left hand for everything except mouse. So when i switched tablet i couldn't stream for shit anymore and had to relearn keyboard. It the long run it paid off cause i was using mouse with my non dominant hand and my spinning sucked (250 max)
Yuzeyun

Haseo wrote:

I write with my left hand. I'm mouse-only, so I don't use my left hand for z/x.
Leader

Akai- wrote:

I'm left-handed, but I can't play with left hand for unknown reason, so I aim with right hand and press with left.
show more