forum

A Christmas story pt.1.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The_Priest_In_Yellow

Revenge.doc wrote:

-"What time is it?" I mumbled, beneath my tightly wrapped keffiyeh.
Wojjan had been staring at the clock across the dimly lit hall since we arrived, only stopping to look down and sigh heavily every ten minutes.
It was getting annoying, really annoying.
- "…Half-past ten." she replied.
-"Only five minutes 'till we're all fucked then, eh?"
- "Screw you…"
- "Screw you, screw me, why don't you stop being so damn annoying or fuck off?"
Jar was eyeballing me from the bench on the other side, Adam was just sitting there beside him, fiddling with something.
- "See anything you like, Jar?" I fired.
- "Why don't you quit being such an asshole?"
- "Oh BAW, you're one to talk Mr. Hero."
I straightened my hat and got up from the bench, buttoning my coat and sending a glance toward Jacob before heading down the length of the corridor. Bastard was ready to gut me, no doubt about it.

I stepped outside of the brightly coloured building, it was snowing. The glowing neon "osu!" logo on the face of the massive skyscraper lit the flakes, as they fell from a grey sky. A poster on the bulletin board beside the entrance read; "Change" in big, bold lettering. I chuckled and hunted for a pack of cigarettes in my coat.
- "…and the dead shall walk the earth…" I mumbled, while lighting up.
Drawing heavy breaths, I shot my eyes back and forth down the sides of the crowded street. Rena was supposed to arrive some time around eleven, as was Pasonia and the lot. Sinistro was busy ripping some unlucky fella's teeth out. Ephemeral… probably had something important to do, given his promotion to Earl of the mod department.

Remmy stepped out and greeted me with a smile, I nodded in return.
- "Nice weather we're having." he smiled.
- "…If you like freezing your nuts off."
He frowned, clearly displeased with my attitude.
- "It’s almost Christmas you know, it wouldn't kill you to lighten up a bit."
- "Already done" I chuckled, showing him my cigarette.
- "You really should drop the whole misanthropic anti-hero bullshit."
- "You really should drop the whole jolly thing; it's more fun to be an ass."
His face suddenly reverted from the frown he was wearing and brightened and he waved down the street.
- "WEEEENAAAA!" He yelled, my ear catching the brunt of his voice.
- "WEEEMMYYYY!" A shrill voice replied from down the street. People didn't seem to mind, but my ears were complaining to me.
- "God, you people…" I whispered, flicking my cigarette into the street.
A passing woman with a baby carriage frowned at me, I smiled and flipped my finger in response.

As I was heading for the door, a car pulled up by the side of the street. Pasonia and Mark stepped out, wearing stylish top hats and tuxedos.
- "Fancy shit~" I chuckled and turned to face the arriving gentlemen, who were picking up a conversation with Remmy.
- "HEY PASONIA!" I yelled and immediately caught his attention.
- "FUUUUUCK YOOOUUUUU!"
Mark held him back as he tried to rush for me, his hat flew off and landed in the gutter with a satisfying thump.

- "Hey, Priest!" A voice from above beckoned.
I looked up and was immediately struck in the face by a falling hammer.
Peppy had a strange sense of humor.
- "Fuuuu~ck You~"
Wojjan
Pretty fun, but the ending was anti-climatic.
And a Christmas Carol did the grumpy anti-hero christmas story already.
Jinxy
Well, I understood it a little more than Wojjan's.
Topic Starter
The_Priest_In_Yellow
I'll try harder with part two then. Grumpy stays though, with more focus on the fun you can have with fireworks.

EDIT: JESUS CHRIST LUKE OKAY!
lukewarmholiday
Ctrl + F "Luke"

why don't you love me
Topic Starter
The_Priest_In_Yellow

Revenge pt.2.doc wrote:

Part 2.

Too many thoughts, get out, get out of my head. Wait, this is comfortable. What's that annoying beeping noise? Jesus Christ it's bright in here, wait I can't see. Oh hells, what is this, Limbo? I can feel my head though, I don't think pain exists in Limbo. Charles Darwin once wrote: "I am slightly annoyed"… no that's not it.

Oh hey, things are starting to clear up now.

Waking up is hard when you've just caught a hammer using your face as a hand, this appeared clear to me. What woke me was the sensation of something soft on my face, something was tugging in the back of my head as I opened my eyes. A bosom; I snapped out of my drowsy state immediately.
- "Why hello there~" I wheezed, startling the person to which the chest belonged.
She shot me a glance and rushed out of the room quicker than quick, leaving me with a slightly satisfying feeling. If it weren't for my furious headache, I would have laughed.

The room I had awoken in was brightly lit, sterile and absolutely mind-numbingly boring. I scanned, looking for a window, a bouquet of flowers; anything to ignore the thought of why I was in a hospital bed. I quickly noted that there was only darkness outside the window, which meant I'd either been out for a long time or a surprisingly short time. A bouquet of flowers adorned the nearby table on my right, they had one of those golden strings with a note attached to them.
- "Orchids…" I groaned as I reached for the note.

"Hi Tippy.
I hope you're doing ok and that the doctors are treating you well.
Signed, Larto."

- "… am I dead? Is this hell?"
I ripped the note from the flowers and let it fall to the floor.
Someone stood by the door, apparently he'd been there for a while judging by his shifting feet. Come inside, sit down, have a drink! I thought to myself. He took a look the papers he was holding and stared at me, I was beginning to feel like a freakshow. He stepped halfway out into the corridor and waved in a calling fashion. Stepping into the room with him came about ten men and women, all carrying notepads. I squinted angrily in confusion and opened my mouth, but was cut short by what I guessed was a doctor of higher degree.
"This patient was admitted three weeks ago, after suffering blunt force induced trauma to the skull. He first woke up two days ago and is an excellent example of what trauma of this magnitude can do to the brain…"

- "What?" I croaked, "I am fucking right here, asshole."
The doctor rambled on, oblivious to my existence. It had to be a joke, a horrible poorly executed joke. But he went on, rambling medical terms and shit I couldn't even begin to understand. After a few minutes he was finished, paused and gave the other ten a moment to scribble everything down into their pretty little notebooks. He then gave the signal to carry on and they filed out in precise order. Before walking out the door he turned around and mumbled something to me, smiling eerily.

Something was not right, this I was certain of. I had not been awake for two days, or I would've known it. I was grasping at straws in the dark, it didn't make sense. I sat myself up and propped my head up against the wall behind me. I noticed a woman standing in the doorway, it would seem I was popular.

- "You're making progress!" She chuckled at me while entering the room.
- "You here to ignore me like that doctor?" I smiled in return.
- "What doctor?" She asked, bemused. She was looking intrigued and confused, I got the feeling I was her lab-rat.
- "There was a man in here just a second ago, a bunch of people were with him."
She tilted her head in confusion, a pretty little head it was. Blonde hair, grey eyes, defined but gentle musculature. It seemed like I was talking to a wall though, I was getting annoyed. She proceeded to look over my charts and sat down on the stool next to my bed, I didn't understand any of it.
- "Do I know you?" I asked. She chuckled and put her hand on mine.
- "You should, dear! I'm your wife." She laughed, but I could see tears beginning to form in her eyes.
It had to be a joke, things were moving too fast. I couldn't get a grip on things; sense, nothing made any damn sense.
- "You couldn't even speak a year ago… but…" She was starting to cry, drawing quick irregular breaths.
- "A year? What in the nine hells are you…"
I couldn't form anything more intelligent than that. She pulled my pillow out from behind my back and started fluffing it, strange bird, this wife of mine. I stared at the wall across the room, trying to connect the dots. I had been hit by a hammer, I was in a hospital and at least a year had passed. How was I awake seconds ago? Were those years? A man had appeared by my side when I snapped out of my confused stupor. His smile made me want to throw up.
- "…but…" she continued "I can't take this anymore…"
The man continued to smile, I could have sworn I'd seen his face somewhere.
- "I'm sorry… I'm so sorry sweetie…" She was starting to get hysterical.
Smilie and Hysteria. Two poles uniting it seemed, it made sense to me, when all else didn't. Hysteria shoved the pillow she'd been holding into my face and smilie provided the backdrop music of murder. Laughing and crying, they formed a horrible serenade. Choking felt odd, panic gripped me and I was unconsciously flinging my arms around like a broken windmill.

IT MADE SENSE.
I KNEW THIS MAN.
I HAD SEEN HIM BEFORE.

He continued to laugh.
She pushed harder.

- "YOU'RE THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS" I wailed, with my last breath.
Wojjan

The_Priest_In_Yellow wrote:

Blonde hair, grey eyes, defined but gentle musculature.
Who could it beeeeeee.
Topic Starter
The_Priest_In_Yellow

It all makes sense~ wrote:

Conclusion.

- "We are gathered here…" the preacher began.
The burning sun forced the snow into submission, ripping it from the trees and sending it hurtling to the ground. Around the black wooden box holding the remains of The_Priest_in_Yellow, stood a gathering clad in black. Some weeping, others expressionless. The preacher continued his sermon, raising his voice against the wind. The casket was lowered, words spoken and earth devoured this simple, foolish man.

People trickled away steadily, their respects having been paid. luke and Ivalsetto remained a moment, complaining about never getting the chance to fight the buried man. Foul whistled sharply, calling the lingering stragglers to their cars.

- "So it's finally over?" Grinned Wojjan at Mark.
- "Looks like it, probably smells like it too."
The two exchanged laughs and bade each other farewell. Supergarlic watched the last of the visitors disappear and checked his watch. The sun was steadily raising the temperature and the snow was melting. A silver Ford Taurus drove up the pathway, its roof gleaming with moisture. Sinistro had arrived, things were changing.

- "So I heard Priest got poisoned?" Inquired Metroid, brushing the snow off of his shoulders.
The osu! skyscraper's main entrance was getting crowded as more people got off their day jobs.
- "Seems like it, I heard he went nuts. Someone dipped his ciggies in poison, at least that's what I heard." Replied Rokodo, from across the hall.
Sinistro materialized from outside and threw a book onto the floor in the centre of the hall. The loud thud of the massive volume resounded unusually and forced all conversation to an abrupt end. The doors closed behind him, letting out a shrill unpleasant screech.
- "Hi~hi~hi~" He smiled, holding back laughter.
Behind him, Supergarlic bolted the main entrance shut with a metal bar.
- "I bring news of tippy's demise~"
He smiled and pointed to the book in the middle of the hall. The book itself was plain, though tattered, but seemed to absorb all thought. It sat there, in the middle of the room. No one moved, or spoke and the book remained the centre of attention.
- "Priest was insane!"
Strager broke the silence, and immediately became the next focal point of attention.
- "I mean…" He stumbled for words, realizing his situation. "You know what I mean… The man was a freak!"
Commotion was starting to stir, neither the book nor strager the focus of the crowd. The chatter began to soar above conversational strength. Sinistro turned to Supergarlic handed him a clay tablet.
- "Now Hear This!" He roared, silencing the crowd.
- "Peppy did what we could not, now I will do that which has never been undone!"
The crowd looked on, clearly confused as he threw the tablet towards the book at the centre.

- "That is not dead…"
The ground shook as a booming voice accompanied by a thousand wailing voices descended on the hall.
- "…Which can eternal lie…"
Lights failed miserably in their task to drive away the approaching abomination.
- "…And with strange eons…"
The air solidified, rendering all inside the building motionless.
- "…Even death may die…"
Yellow screamed through the walls and all bearing a face was returned to nothing.

- "What time is it?" I mumbled, beneath my tightly wrapped keffiyeh.
Wojjan had been staring at the clock across the dimly lit hall since we arrived, only stopping to look down and ruffle through her papers every ten minutes. It was getting annoying, really annoying.
- "…Half-past ten." she replied.
I remained silent.
She nudged me in the side and held a crossword in front of me, pointing at a place in the centre.
- "Do you know this? Six letters; ‘I come from the dream of Kadath and am not to be described.' I don't get it…"
I stood up, snatching the crossword.
- "Pen, please."
She handed me her pencil and I filled it in with a grin. Returning the papers I received a smile, which shifted into confusion.
- "Hastur? What's that, something from a movie?"
- "Not exactly" I laughed joyously, while adjusting my hat and pulling up my keffiyeh to cover my face. I gave Jar and Adam, who were sitting across from us a quick nod.
- "You seem happy today, Priest. Happier than what's normal of you" Jar, complained.
- "I do? I guess this is just a good day for me."
I laughed and waved as I proceeded down the length of the corridor, into the main hall and out the doors of the building. It was snowing. I dumped my pack of cigarettes in the trash bin outside the entrance and hurried down the crowded street, to catch up with Remmy and Rena who were exchanging screaming salutes.
- "It all makes sense to me" I mumbled, tightening my fists inside the pockets of my coat.
Lilac
Bravo, well written story.

You like to use the 'You Suck' trope, don't you?
Wojjan
luke still isn't in D:
Topic Starter
The_Priest_In_Yellow

Wojjan wrote:

luke still isn't in D:

My ass wrote:

Luke and Ival remained a moment, complaining about never getting the chance to fight the buried man.
Wojjan
lukewarmholiday is case sensitive, you know that?
Topic Starter
The_Priest_In_Yellow
Fixed, if this continues I'll write up something bulletproof. Inb4 Larto/ASH/fag
Wojjan
this time, baby