forum

If my beatmap doesn't get any replies...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Behon
Should I try bumping it or leaving it alone? I've been getting beatmaps with absolutely no thoughts or suggestions, causing their thread to die quickly.
awp
If you want to have it moderated, keep on bumping. It'll show your dedication to it, I think.
James
Or request a mod online to *mod* it. Almost 99% guaranteed. :)
wiicademan
Shouldn't it... Not be like that? I think all of the beatmaps should be looked at equally, no matter if you ask a mod to "mod" it. If a beatmap's genuinely good, then it should be ranked.
awp
While it's fair to say all beatmaps SHOULD be looked at equally, there are two things you should keep in mind:

-There are a ton of beatmappers, and less beatmap moderators
-Some moderators are more likely to moderate a map that they are more likely to recognize and/or enjoy.

Honestly, I would be moderating dozens of maps per day if either:
A - I loved JPop
or
B - There was a constant flow of Metal-subgenre beatmaps

Often when I see a song I recognize, perusing the forums while I'm waiting for something or other, I'll drop what I'm doing to go mod it.

While it seems unorthodox and/or unnecessary, James' suggestion is also pretty effective.
peppy
You can say that it probably shouldn't be this way, but it is unfortunately the way it is. We have a large and very dedicated modding team, but maps do fall through our net occasionally. If this happens, as has been said, the fastest way to get feedback is to join IRC and ask for your map to be modded. You will usually get a mod willing to help you and have a response or two within an hour. Note that you shouldn't abuse this - don't go crazy with requesting mods to mod your map, but it is always there if you are getting frustrated with the 0 reply thread that is a few days old.
awp
Well, you've uploaded a few beatmaps, but nobody's going to bother with the ones still named using Japanese characters because osu! won't support that (or does it now?)

The trick is to be patient and bump your beatmaps regularly to show you are committed to them.

However, you...are a special case. You've given most everyone the impression that you're an absolute idiot so they'll probably assume your beatmaps are of lesser quality.

Huhhh... I guess I'll play the martyr and find out.
Echo

awp wrote:

You've given most everyone the impression that you're an absolute idiot
awp
Huge lols over here. Also:

31Gabe wrote:

Well, I'm not an idiot, I'm a Legendary Agent and I am a Hero's Hero!
I modded the thread and you let it slip through the cracks?