forum

D> Auto-Save

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
D stands for demand. This is not a request, got it Peppy? :evil:

Toggle on/off, maybe in song setup, or somewhere in the editor. If enabled, the loaded map will auto every 60 seconds. Autosaves will (should) be saved to a different file, such as map.osu.bak or something. Additionally, this autosave file will be removed upon manually saving.

Sure, maybe you don't want 'accidental' changes being auto-saved, that's fine. Auto-save will never directly overwrite any .osu file. When you're mapping, auto-save will save anything you've done to a temp. file every 60 seconds. Should you crash, or exit the editor without saving, that data remains in the temp file. Should you manually Save (CTRL+S), the data in the temp. file will be applied to the .osu file.

Additionally, in the editor, in the file menu, there would be an option to 'load backup' or 'load autosave' should you have crashed or exited without saving.
peppy
adde dto the bottom of a very long list. in the mean time, swap to public and don't crash, or put up with it.
Echo
You know, Ctrl+S isn't really that hard to press... I usually press it a few times after every combo to make sure I don't lose data.

"I had not saved, which is typical, as most of my maps I start and finish in one sit" is no excuse, really. Learn to press Ctrl+S often. Having a map half finished doesn't mean you can't save it anyway.