forum

Official Mario Kart DS Competition

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
Forum topic here | Official MKDS Competition page here

Time for another community get-together! This time it's a Mario Kart DS competition. To participate you'll need a DS, some way to run Mario Kart on it and a wireless access point.

Date: absolutely no idea

Prize: a big piece of cake and forum/osu goodies

To join, make a post with your friend code.

---
Rules (will be added to as new points are brought up):
1. Competition will be in the form of a knockout competition.
2. Players will be randomly put into groups of four, all of whom will be around the same physical area (eg. America, Australia). Please make some indication of where you are located, either in your post or in your profile. You don't have to be specific, but at least state approximately which time zone you're in.
3. Players will use the IRC channel or any other means to communicate with each other. This way you discuss the best time to race.
3. You will race on four randomly selected tracks.
4. The winner will proceed to the next round.
5. If you are suspected of cheating (such as using AR), you will be disqualified and banned from future competitions.
6. Skills such as snaking and blue shell dodge are allowed to be used.
devkit4384
myn

hope to race you people soon. 8-)
Rolled
post reserved for Rolled's FC.

(ds is upstairs >_>)
Kai
here's mine

My time is GMT -7
phill_old
i guess i'll have to dig out my ds and charge it up. i traded mariokart in for a discount on something, baldurs gate 1/2 + expansions collection i think. i hope my m3 still works!
awp
What's the policy with respect to snaking? I haven't played MKDS multiplayer a whole lot, and well before snaking was really applied, but from what I understand the ability to perform snaking makes or breaks the game for a lot of people.

FC: 176153 562833
peppy
Snake or dont snake, whatever. Its part of the game.

Cecilthemos
Hmm, I'll have to get a ROM of this and participate...oh wait in a few weeks? I'll be too busy obsessing over Brawl, I suck at MKDS now anyway...
When it came out I was pretty good.
Topic Starter
Echo
awp
As much ass as I tend to kick at MK64 (still my favourite D= )...You guys do need people to beat, so schedule permitting, I'm in.
devkit4384
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Echo
OK, so we have 4 friend codes ==;;;;;;;;;;;; I was expecting more people than that to join...

I'll tentatively set the date at 22nd March 12:00pm peppy time (GMT+9, I believe). Suggestions welcome.
machol30
I'm entering (if there are going to be enough people for a competition), but I don't have my friend code yet. I think my time is GMT-8 (go by ET). It's been a long time since I last played.
peppy
Strange there aren't more people... If you don't make it at some WTF hour of the morning for Australia, I can gather all my friends and probably get around 5-8people to join..
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kai
if my calculations are correct it should be 8:00 pm
machol30
Yeah, it doesn't seem that there's going to be enough people here for a competition... unless we can round up 11 more people within the next 3 days. :o And I still need to get Friend Code...
Topic Starter
Echo
peppy: 12pm ie. afternoon is a wtf hour?
awp
added my FC to my first post =X

EDIT: Kay, damn it. I left MKDS at my place - I can still theoretically download an MKDS rom and use that if we're going to carry this out, but my FC for the sake of the competition is null and void and useless.
Topic Starter
Echo
OK, so everyone forgot (including me). This thread is going to be buried in the depths of hell as far as I'm concerned.
show more