forum

Skinning Wishlist

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Since I make skins, and in particular, a skin attempting to resemble EBA as closely as possible, I notice when things are absent or unskinnable. This thread is mostly so I can list them all out and check them off when they're done, instead of bugging Peppy about them in IRC ;) Asterisks indicate my current "priorities," and smiley faces indicate features that have been implemented in Osu after this list was created. Requests that I've added to the list recently are in italics.

Not Currently Skinnable:
  1. Numbers on hit circles :)
  2. Score Numbers :)
  3. Combo Numbers :)
  4. Spinner's Approach Circle (hue) :)
  5. Spinner's Approach Circle (graphic)
  6. Ranking letters :)
  7. Position of scorebar-color relative to the scorebar background
  8. Mod icons :)
  9. Menu and ranking screen background colors
Not Currently Implemented:
  1. Animation for sliderfollowcircle :)
  2. "10" and "30" pop up as you pass individual slider ticks(example)
  3. "Spin!" appears at start of spinner :)
  4. "Clear!" appears over spinner when minimum is reached :)
  5. Sound effect plays when spinner is cleared
  6. The word "Bonus" appears over spinner bonus (example)
  7. Applause sound effect on ranking screen :)
  8. Difficulty stars overlap option (example)
  9. Sound effect for breaking combo :)
  10. Game Over/Failed Song screen :)
  11. Comboburst.png appears at major combos*

Off Limits:
  1. Title Screen
  2. Main Menu
  3. Osu! Button on song selection screen
  4. Editor buttons
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Oh, this is a nitpick, but I'd also like to be able to raise the position of scorebar-colour.png a bit higher. I think that'd have to be something specified in the .ini in order to not break existing skins. In EBA, though, the colored part of the life bar is almost touching the top of the screen. Really minor, but it's giving me a little bit of trouble.
Fraeon
Also, peppy mentioned something about skinnable mouse cursors ages ago, but we haven't seen 'em. :(
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Okay, I knocked a few of the items off. More to come I'm sure.

LuigiHann wrote:

Sound effect for breaking combo
Added as combobreak.wav. (no default sound yet)

LuigiHann wrote:

Applause sound effect on ranking screen
Added as applause.wav. (no default sound yet)

LuigiHann wrote:

Spinner's Approach Circle (hue)*
Added as SpinnerApproachCircle (in skin.ini).

LuigiHann wrote:

Ranking letters
Added. Get this rar for samples.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Woot to font skinning!

I updated the first post with :)s for the recently added things, and added a few more demands (in italics) :lol:
peppy

LuigiHann wrote:

Mod icons
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2583
ROMaster2
Time to Update Luigi! :twisted:
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Bumping to remind peppy that I want animated back button and comboburst.png
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
A couple sample graphics for other things I want...

YoshiKart
Can we have an animated skip button? I have anidea...

EDIT: peppy = awesome.

Question/Request: Is it possible to create a skin.ini file into a beatmap's folder? Currently, whenever we have animated images or elements that have certain characteristics (ex. SpinnerFrequencyModulate, AnimationFramerate, font prefixes, etc.), they will stick to the skin's skin.ini file that the player is currently using. Right now, I'm skinning a beatmap as I create my skin, and it sort of bugs me that the beatmap's elements won't function properly when I change skins.

We really need a general help forum...

Download: ZUN - Maiden's Cappricio ~ Dream Battle (Fight69) [LRJ's Hard].osu
peppy

YoshiKart wrote:

Can we have an animated skip button?
Sure, added in next build.

YoshiKart wrote:

Question/Request: Is it possible to create a skin.ini file into a beatmap's folder?
This will take some reworking to the skin framework. I'm gonna put this off for a bit as its already quite complicated.. I'd like to rewrite it (again) at some point, though.
Drezus
Hey, Luigi, are you planning on doing something like the "Hey" or "Woo" sound that plays in the last hitcircle of a perfect/very good combo, like in EBA, for example? I know there's already the "Ugh" combo break sound, but I think it would be cool (and maybe easy too) to add those voices/SFXs into the game aswell.
Saturos
That could only be done with custom sound samples on a per beatmap basis at the moment, assuming I'm understanding your request.
Drezus

Saturos wrote:

That could only be done with custom sound samples on a per beatmap basis at the moment, assuming I'm understanding your request.
I'll try to explain better: Just imagine there is a 4-hitcircle combo (you know, the combos that change the hitcircles colors). Let's say you're doing good, and when you get to them, you score 300-300-300. If you were playing EBA, the last 300 (Elite Beat) would probably make the agents go "Woo" or "Yeah!".
If you carry on doing good combos, then you'll usually achieve a Combo Burst, which is (probably) done by clearing two or more "color" combos with a good performance, assuming the player is out of the "No" section of the Elite-o-Meter (or he/she is with thel Elite-o-Meter totally full, I think.).
Saturos
Then it was what I was thinking. In which case, I was correct in saying this can only be done via custom sound samples on a per beatmap basis at the moment. It would require the beatmap to either by tailored to only include a finish and/or whistle at the final hit of each combo with a "Woo" sound, or it would require a separate timing section before and after every final combo hit to change the sound sample to that without having it interfere with the rest of the finishes/whistle sounds. Neither of these can be done via skinning.

Combo burst customization is coming, though.
RemmyX25

Saturos wrote:

Combo burst customization is coming, though.
I'm waaaayyyy ahead of you.

Alright, LuigiHann knows i do this, so until him and peppy work something out for LuigiHann's EBO skin, try my little idea.
Download: combobursts.zip

^^ that has EBA's four cheers (Hey! Yea! Woo! YAHOO!!). Extract them into the Elite Beat Osu! skin folder, and then start up osu!. Find a song you're comfortable with and hope for a major combo, and one of those sounds will play.
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
Saturos
show more