forum

m-flo - Love Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 4:05:45 AM

Artist: m-flo
Title: Love Song
BPM: 96
Filesize: 3865kb
Play Time: 03:38
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.9 stars, 298 notes)
  2. Normal (3.81 stars, 332 notes)
  3. Hard (4.42 stars, 423 notes)
Download: m-flo - Love Song
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
6th Beatmap
About this beatmap
♥ This is part of Project Supernova
♥ Cropped this in audacity, hopefully you can't notice it
♥ Quite frequent changes of sound sets. Most of these occur on beats, this should work on the latest version of osu!
♥ Background from wikipedia, I think it is pretty suitable
♥ Hearts replace the stars for combos and cursor "dripping" (try this with relax mod!)

[Update - 12/03/08]
♥ Made changes according to Peppy's post, ready for ranking/criticism

Took out the countdown to comply with not having an out of rhythm countdown while keeping the intro spinners. Hey, you're turning back the hands of time after all (spin anticlockwise). Also intro spinners in hard played really well with that m-flo sample sound.

Made an easy version since noone told me if it wasn't necessary. Keeping easy under 3 stars was a bit of a challenge! Hopefully some beginners will appreciate this!

♥Please feel free to leave comments/feedback if you try this map.
peppy
I was like WTF have you done chan?!?!?!? Then I realised I was looking at normal :roll:.

On an initial playthrough I really enjoyed hard :). I've got the sampleset changing working, but realised that changing ON the beat is still too late - if you click early, its still the old sampelset. So i'll have to change it just before the beat >.>

Will be in the release on sunday either way. I guess this is starred for now

Topic Starter
chan
Fair enough, might implement the sample change to occur like 1/4 of a beat before a note or something. Should crank out something before the weekend is out.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
chan
Finished normal, please check through it (but I think it should be ok). I am considering making a really easy version for genuine beginners, does anyone else think this is necessary?
EiJi
/me thinks Easy is the hardest mode...

peppy
I like your thinking chan. For the final project supernova pack, I think every level will need a real "beginner" mode similar to ouendan's easy levels. I'd be interested to see your take on this too :).
Topic Starter
chan

peppy wrote:

I'd be interested to see your take on this too
Uh, easy difficulty is done and uploaded already?

Probably should have made another post, but it's also in the first post.
3 difficulties finished!
peppy
First of all, remove the first spinner from all versions - feels totally out of place and fecks with the countdown.

Easy:

00:59:15 i feel this slider shouldnt overlap the last one - it would work just as well to the right of 5?
01:05:34 overlap sucks
01:07:25 again
01:11:33 again
01:33:99 not sure about having a slider this short in an easy map. it even confused me :P. also shadowed by the aftermath of the previous notes
01:44:26 same thing without the overlap/shadowing
01:48:52 the 9 feels a bit untidy with the horribly overlap
03:14:62 overlapping sliders yuck

yes i dont like overlap. especially on an easy map it just feels wrong. most ouendan players will relate to this and agree with me.

normal:
i feel bits like 00:50:67 are really really confusing... not sure if others agree with me or not. i think these kinds of overlap shiz is fine in hard maps, but not sure about normal/easy personally.
Topic Starter
chan
Incorporated all of Peppy's requests (see above post), added the custom star (♥s!) and took out the countdowns. Normal is a little bit less confusing, easy has almost no overlaps except for the times Verbal raps "chika BOOM BOOM" etc.
peppy
Totally approve of new version - rebubbling.

EiJi
<3.