forum

Crashing with irc during gameplay [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
Following up from Relaxed Mode Bugs thread.

At the song selection screen, pressing escape with osu!irc open occasionally causes the client to crash. I just had some very annoying looping audio with that one. Can't quite replicate it 100% though. Something went wrong...?

Wait, I could be on to something...Aha. I think I got it. Pressing escape while osu!irc is open while on a beatmap (in play mode) causes the client to crash. It seems to work 100% for me. Hmm. In test play, it works as well. This seems to only crash the client when there are no active notes in place (so that the window takes up half the screen). When there ARE notes on the screen, you have to press escape twice. The first time loads the pause menu correctly (and subsequently displays the full one-half irc window) and the second pressing of escape causes the client to crash. I get that useless "osu! has encountered an error and needs to close" dialog.

Also, it seems to also work when hitting F9 to bring up the full irc window. Also, works during replays, too. I kinda thought it wouldn't work during replay, because the window doesn't have that "force minimize" behaviour. But it does.
peppy
Known bug - forgot to fix last night.