forum

Disabling the beginning countdown timer [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
reb3llist
As I am only a beginner, I am quite annoyed by the countdown as it is quite distracting and sudden/not appropriate for the mood and sometimes even slamming the beginning harmony/mood to death. If possible, is there an option to remove these countdown timers and those screens? Even if the background image would be completely white in the time the countdown is removed, I would prefer that.

I didn't want to burden the staff with something someone asked just yesterday so I checked the resolve requests and this page's latest 3 pages and found that none had a similar title.

Thanks in advance though for any form or response.
Starrodkirby86
If you're talking about editing in your own map, you can disable the countdown through Song Setup > Storyboard.

Trying to disable Countdown throughout all maps isn't easy. However, there is a workaround.

You can make a custom skin that excludes the countdown. Simply replace the count .wavs to blank sound files and replace the 3-2-1 with blank transparent images. Get the template skin if you need to know the names. xP
awp
if it's your map, follow SRK's advice. If it's in someone else's, complain to that person that they're making an inappropriate use of the countdown.