forum

New BBCode Request

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
I'm requesting to add a new BBCode that use the Youtube code as a basis
Youtube BBCode:
[youtube]ID[/youtube]
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ID" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed>

the BBCode i'm requesting ( something like "Music" codes )

[music]ID[/music]
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ID" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="350" height="25"></embed>

it look like this

P.s Color can be changed adding "&color1=-color1-&color2=-color2-" to the ID , color shoud be in hex , like 0xffffff

P.s It's not a request but only a suggestion
anonymous_old
Why.

Where would you need this?
anonymous_old
This seems like an unessisary addition to the forums, however, I wish we could use "[center]" or "[align=center]" to align text.
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
for adding music to the post without occupying much space and in a more well-ordered mode
anonymous_old

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

for adding music to the post without occupying much space and in a more well-ordered mode
Clearly you're adding music.

But for what purpose?
Ekaru
Oh, I dunno...

...Maybe because this is a forum about a music game, and it'd be easier to show off songs and such this way? Hmm, I honestly have no idea... Music on a forum for a music game? NO WAY!
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

Oh, I dunno...

...Maybe because this is a forum about a music game, and it'd be easier to show off songs and such this way? Hmm, I honestly have no idea... Music on a forum for a music game? NO WAY!
Doesn't make sense to me.
Torran
Makes perfect sense. Support~!
RandomJibberish
It wouldn't be hard to add, and It'd be a neater way of adding music on, say, discography threads, so support.
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
thank , it's like a copypaste of youtube bbcode but with changed neame and changed height and width
LuigiHann

strager wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Oh, I dunno...

Doesn't make sense to me.
Seems like it'd be borderline useful in the Beatmap Projects forum, where people routinely link to Youtube videos to preview songs.
qlum
Lol didn't even know osu! didn't support embedded youtube support for more bbcode.
Stefan
Bumping.

RandomJibberish wrote:

It wouldn't be hard to add, and It'd be a neater way of adding music on, say, discography threads, so support.
Practicually this point would break the Rule:
9. No content (including youtube videos) should automatically play on page load.
I don't know how this ever can be implemented as long this rule is in power.
Rei Hakurei

Stefan wrote:

Bumping.

RandomJibberish wrote:

Practicually this point would break the Rule:
9. No content (including youtube videos) should automatically play on page load.
I don't know how this ever can be implemented as long this rule is in power.
basically it must not automatically played, and the player could be like this on chrome, liek this on firefox, etc.
so player can listen it directly on the thread...

wandered on some XFD
they use <audio> and <source>
Stefan
Well.. yeah, that sounds logical.