forum

Road of Major - Taisetsu na Mono (Authentic)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 3:32:39 PM

Artist: Road of Major
Title: Taisetsu na Mono
BPM: 102.5
Filesize: 3164kb
Play Time: 02:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.3 stars, 122 notes)
  2. Normal (3.34 stars, 153 notes)
  3. Hard (4.47 stars, 191 notes)
  4. Insane (4.48 stars, 191 notes)
Download: Road of Major - Taisetsu na Mono
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
It's Authentic now
All changes said by peppy made , added the fixed Hard by Cecil

[UPDATE] 05/04/08 : changes made as asked by Rolled (he had a delay of a month to do this lol)
[UPDATE]06/06/08 :made little changes not much just to have a reason to bump this
[Update 06/12/08] change made as asked by mtmcl

If you want to check authenticity watch these videos
Taisetsu na Mono (ouendan Easy)
Taisetsu na Mono (ouendan Normal)
Taisetsu na Mono (ouendan Hard)
Taisetsu na Mono (ouendan Insane)
eyup
BPM: 102.5
Offset: 2

In future, if you're unsure of the timing, get a mod to help you first before starting the map, as that will save you having to do the four R's - Recalc, Resnap, Recheck and Resubmit!
chan
Kai, you almost make me want to cry :cry:

You bumped without following what eyup said:

eyup wrote:

Recalc, Resnap, Recheck
Also you didn't change the timing to what he suggested?

Please don't bump if you don't change anything :(
Topic Starter
Kai

chan wrote:

Kai, you almost make me want to cry :cry:

You bumped without following what eyup said:

eyup wrote:

Recalc, Resnap, Recheck
Also you didn't change the timing to what he suggested?

Please don't bump if you don't change anything :(

oh sorry i thought i unchecked the box of bump once per day (i guess i didn't) so i apologize
chan
I tried eyups timing but I think offset of -30 sounds better. Maybe try both of ours and listen to which sounds better.
peppy
I'm with chan on the offset (sorry eyup :) get on irc if you don't agree).

Yet to add in hit sounds?

Normal:

00:16:79 (3) - snap to the 1/4 tick just after where you have this placed.
00:47:97 (5) - should only be 1 beat long?
00:50:31 (5) - same...
00:57:36 (6) - same...
00:59:67 (5) - same...
01:35:15 (3,4) - spacing - too close.
01:52:65 (4) - 1.75 beats long
01:57:04 (1) - 1 beat long
01:58:21 (2) - move forward to next white mark (whole beat)
01:59:97 (3) - should be 1 beat long, not 1.09423895789
02:01:72 (3) - change to snap 1/8th and make sure this finishes on the RED tick
02:25:14 (0) - start on the whole beat. end on the whole beat (shorten by approx 0.5)

I'll do some of the other difficulties later, but you SHOULD be able to transfer these changes across to others.

starred
Cecilthemos
Here's the .osu, a few minor things changed make it a lot more like the original.
Download: Road of Major - Taisetsu na Mono (Kai) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Kai
:( i been waiting so long for rolled or anyone to check this but i guess this wont be happening in some time :( :cry:
Topic Starter
Kai
Please mods i don't want this beatmap go to the evil Graveyard :( :cry:
chan
Sorry, not familiar with Ouendan, cannot verify authenticity! Get another mod to check this.

Otherwise, timing seems fine. I think it looks authentic? hahaha

Also, there are 2 pretty lengthy breaks. They would probably be not so bad if you storyboarded, but atm, I get bored of waiting and alt tab. In future, can you please acknowledge what changes you make to your map (say, edit your first post)? I have no idea if you've incorporated Cecil's alterations or not.
Topic Starter
Kai

chan wrote:

Sorry, not familiar with Ouendan, cannot verify authenticity! Get another mod to check this.

Otherwise, timing seems fine. I think it looks authentic? hahaha

Also, there are 2 pretty lengthy breaks. They would probably be not so bad if you storyboarded, but atm, I get bored of waiting and alt tab. In future, can you please acknowledge what changes you make to your map (say, edit your first post)? I have no idea if you've incorporated Cecil's alterations or not.

I did after it i just deleted it , but i guess it won't hurt to type it
LuigiHann
Is the current timing accurate? Something feels kind of off about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Also, consider making all the circles bigger, so that they're more accurately sized in proportion to the spacing.
Rolled
Some spacing is kind of off, and some sliders don't have as much arc as in-game. But this post will be mainly critiquing the beat placement in terms of the ouendan version.

Insane (http://youtube.com/watch?v=OuOaRwezlC4):
The red combo @ 14:01 is backwards. Horizontally flipping this will fix it, I believe.

Hard (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VP493N-oJWM):
23:38, red combo. Horizontal flip again, i think.
59:67 - this slider has an upward curve instead of a downward curve.

Normal (http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJOSb_kE-m8):
20:45 - the 3 and the 4 should be in line with the green slider following them. They should form a straight horizontal line. This isn't the first time this happpened either, so it'd be nice if you go through all of the videos again and try to make things like this a bit more accurate.
1:49:43 - those 3 yellow notes should form more of a triangle.

Easy:

I could not find a youtube link for easy. Either somebody else is going to have to mod this one with a DS, or find me a video :/

Also, I don't really find anything wrong with the timing luigi. Not sure what you mean.
Topic Starter
Kai
added videos if someone dares to check authenticity
mtmcl
TIME FOR SUPER NAZI AUTHENTICITY CHECK!

(Some of this stuff is fairly nitpicky, so go ahead and double check it to judge for yourself)

Easy
- 00:20:46 - 2 should be more centered between round sliders
- 01:02:74 - 4 and 5 are spaced farther apart in original
- 01:38:58 - First four notes in this combo should start in top left and end in top right.
- 01:52:75 - This slider starts too early. It should be spaced from the notes like the slider in the combo before it.
- 01:54:84 - This 3 does not exist in the original. Instead, the slider starts where that three is.
- 02:04:39 - These four notes are spaced evenly across the entire screen in the original. They should at least be centered rather that be aligned to the left edge.

Normal
- 00:11;36 - To me, it seems as though these two notes should be pushed CLOSER to the next slider and FARTHER from the previous slider. In which case, these notes should also be closer together. Take a look at the original video and judge for yourself though. (You seem to have corrected this in the notes on 00:20:54)
- 01:32:46 - In the original, these notes seemed more centered at the right side of the screen, while the slider is centered at the left side.
- 01:53:00 - Slider starts a tiny bit too early. I think it needs to be resnapped.
- 01:56:45 - Just a thought. These notes are a little more spaced out in the original.
- 02:01:90 - This slider starts directly below the note before it in the original.

Hard
- 00:47:63 - This combo should be centered around the last note. The last note should be centered at the center of the screen.
- 00:57:16 - Same as above.
- 01:25:87 - All four of these notes should be spaced evenly, as apparent in the video.
- 01:35:23 - Same as above
- 01:56:85 - While it's a little debatable in the original video, I think these four notes should be more evenly spaced as well.
- 02:12:74 - See the last two times these notes occurred.

Insane
CHECK ALL PROBLEMS NOTED IN HARD. Otherwise, this is fine.
mtmcl
I'm satisfied with your fixes and I see nothing wrong with your timing. You get my bubble.
Sinistro
Easy and Insane lack sound effects like whistles.

In Hard, the combo in 00:22:79 (1,2) should be flipped horizontally.

I'm not going to mention the combo colours because I know the games don't cycle through them properly anyway.

UPDATE: Ok, it's authentic enough for me now. Ranked!