forum

Nudarai - Radiant Radiant Symphony

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chompey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jollepoker
The sound quality seems quite bad. Here's a better version:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RF5Z6HAF (might take awhile for it to work) <--- Don't care about this, better link some posts under.

Many of the pictures used is quite badly cut out from the images they came from. (spinner-background.png, Caution Bottom Banner.png, Caution Top Banner.png and etc).

Most background images used have the wrong size. Background images should be either 800x600 or 1024x726 for best result.

Caution Bottom Banner.png and Caution Top Banner.png is basically the same image, so you don't need to use two of them in order to get the same effect. Just use the same image twice in the storyboard

12065573691168143172IncessantBlabber_Radioactive_symbol.svg.hi.png seems to not be used for anything (although I think you used it to make the hit circle. In any case, it's not needed (if you're not planning on using it for something else)).

I played through normal, it seems pretty good timed (allthough I'm not a good enough player to properly give you feedback on that) and the hit circles weren't that bad either. The sound that came with the flying images kind of hurt my ears though (normal-hitfinish2.wav), but other than that I found it quite to my liking. It seems the song doesn't end when the hit circles do though, it continues until the end of the music file. This has to do with the last image used, it's storyboard continues after the song has ended which causes osu! to believe you don't want it to end before the storyboard ends (I think that's the problem anyway, test to shorten it).

The AIMod (hold Ctrl+Lshift+A) gives "This object is too far from the previous object." and "This object is too close to the previous object." errors on a lot of different places, you should probably check those out. It also gives a "A preview point for this map is not set. Consider setting one from the Timing menu." error.
Topic Starter
Chompey
Thanks for the link, but it's broken. Also I gained this file from a direct mp3 link from a youtube description, so I'm not sure how you interpret the sound to be in bad quality.

As for the images, I'll resize the original files to a better resolution then since half of them are 1280 x 1024 or greater (I just used the scale in-game but I guess that wasn't very wise). Also thanks ALOT on that comment for the end, I was frustrated as to how the song was still continuing, and apparently it really was because of that image. Thanks again on that one.

The caution banners are not the same picture, they 'look' similar but a closer look will reveal that they're not.

For the radioactive hitcircles, I at first though I had to retrieve them from the sprite library, but apparently I was wrong. So I'll just delete them soon as I head back to the editor.

For the siren that plays from normalfinish, I'll lower the bass and DB on it for a softer approach if it's that audibly loud (Though I swear other people I had test the map didn't find it loud at all, I might wait for a second opinion on this before I proceed.)

As for the AIMod...I'm not sure how you got that. Only lunatic doesn't have the AIMod on. I did use it however for Normal, so how you got those errors is beyond my comprehension (I'll still look into it though). For the preview point matter, I'm not too sure I understand what you're saying. This is my first beatmap so I'm still not familiar with all the controls, but more on this point will be more helpful.

Thanks very much for your critique.
Jollepoker
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Chompey
Oh no no, I was trying to get that song to finish about 2 seconds after that last note, but it wouldn't. It was because of that last image, so I fixed that. Also I have no complaints from other people on that song being of bad quality, and I agree with them on this considering I've had this song and listened to it for months. However if someone else states that the song quality is average or less, I will resort myself to finding a high quality version.

Also I thought AIMod was that beat spacer implemented in the editor, I didn't realize it was actually a 3rd party tool. But I see where you get your source of info from. I'm not sure if I want to move the notes at all these locations, but if it's too awkward/difficult for a normal difficulty, then I'll change it.

As for the sparks, I understand what you're saying, as while as why you can't explain. I had to gain this siren by special means, which was of course not a wise decision at all. I'll 'try' to fix it, considering no matter how hard I try I won't be able to get a clear cut of the actual siren. If however you find a siren that resembles closely to the song or utsuho's general siren, I will be deeply in gratitude.
Jollepoker
Actually, AImod is in the editor. More info under 'A' here: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/formatpost&id=21575

I reuploaded the song to medafire, this link should work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nn2lyztkmyy <--- Don't download that, use the link below :P

I think you'll notice the difference in sound, if not I suggest getting a new headset (or add more bass, since it's the main problem) :)
Jollepoker
Forget the above link, I found and downloaded the file the creator himself uploaded (which was even better quality than my original upload :P). I uploaded it to mediafire since the site I found it on might be a bit hard to understand :P

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Li/so/28456 <---- ARGH, wrong link. I fail.
Topic Starter
Chompey
I was never good at Japanese...actually it's more like I'm not good at ALL with it. But the headset I have is high-quality I'll have you know. I also use a high-end soundcard, with custom equalizer settings and all that blah. My point is, I like sound. If it's not high quality to me, I hate it, so that's why I'm second guessing your opinion because not only me, but three other people at the moment believe it to be of good or better quality.

So due to my poor navigational skills in that Japanese website and my second guesses, I'm going to wait until I see someone else agree with you on this matter. Thanks for pointing it out though.
Jollepoker
Oh wait, I thought I added the mediafire link, sorry D:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjnjmm22nmg

There it is. Since you have a good sound card and headset you should be able to hear the difference :P
Topic Starter
Chompey
Ah, so you found a 256kbps version of the song. That is certainly higher in quality than the one I have (which only runs at 128kbps). I do notice a difference, but the quality of the 128kbps still isn't 'bad' like you said. I will agree, though, that this newer version is superior. The only problem with it is its 3 extra megs, so I'll have a harder time crunching the size down below 10mb but I'll see what I can do.
atruong18
awesome
Nobody17_old
The Normal map seems timed well enough; the only times when I missed notes was due to my own incompetence at this game. As far as Lunatic goes, I think it's timed well; even with auto-pilot on I'm not getting all 300s, which is probably my fault, but at least they were mostly 300s. Overall, it's a pretty fun map.
Lybydose
I haven't actually looked at the map, but I can say this much:

The filesize is too large. Get it under 10mb. Resize which images you're using for the background to 1024x768 or smaller, and resize any of the images used for the storyboard to 800x600. While you're at it, try compressing some of the images better. a0d4d8d49ac49168c37cbb16c8c2ad5bf64c1a3d.jpg and d4ae150aafdc94065b7b81a31e76710d.png are both > 1 MB, and you can probably make these much smaller without much drop in quality.

Also, the comboburst looks poorly cut (white outline), and should be 500 pixel width maximum.

White Background.JPG is also larger than it probably needs to be. You can make this much smaller to cut down on file size, and simply scale it using the storyboard editor or scripting.

You also have two .osb files for some reason. Zun - Nuclear Fusion Arrangement (Chompey).osb should be deleted.

Oh and set a preview point, the current one either doesn't exist or is poorly set.
Topic Starter
Chompey
Ah sorry, I'm still not actually done skinning entirely yet, some of these images are just here so that I don't have to browse elsewhere. Once they are implemented into the game they'll be removed, and the final size should be less than 10mb.

Also the white background is a mere 10kb; a jpg format of one color is EXTREMELY small if you didn't know already, despite how massive it is in resolution.

For the preview point, I decided to use a fade-in setup; in other words over a brief period of time the actual background reveals itself under a climax portion of the song. I'm not sure if this kind of idea of acceptable, but I still wanted to try it. Also if I were to put the preview point with a picture, that picture would instantly appear in the beginning, which would ruin my fade-in special.

I don't know if there's a work around for this, but if there is please do tell. If however this kind of idea is frowned upon, I'll just remove the idea entirely (Though I really don't want such an outcome.)

The multiple .osbs is due to a weird duplication of the same song on my put, no idea what happened when I submitted it but it's been fixed already prior to your post.

For combo-burst, I will tell you as of now that I am THE worst skinner, since I just decided to do it the very same day I made that image. My skills with GIMP are poor, but I'll try my best to remove the cutting edges.

Thanks for your inquiry.
Lybydose
Also the white background is a mere 10kb; a jpg format of one color is EXTREMELY small if you didn't know already, despite how massive it is in resolution.
Part of the reasoning is that it is a much larger strain on the graphics processor to render large objects than very small ones that have been increased in size using the editor. This game has very low system requirements, and part of the ranking process is making sure new maps work at that level.
jcranjel
Well, the easy map was easy enough lol. There was one part near the end that threw me off, but I believe it was more my own fault than the beatmaps. I was a bit tired when I played it. Normal is timed well, and the hard...well it looked good enough to me. I'm just not skilled enough to beat it haha.

I still like your pro sliders though, and the graphics and pictures are nice to look at. Well done overall.
[deleted user]
Meh...I'm new to this game and this was the first map I played. It was insane, to me. To fast, to fast and to many hit circles to hit. But I enjoyed the music so I didn't care if I failed...in the first second the started :? :P . Also loved the nuke hit circles xD.
flarp22
I'm still trying to get better at this game in general, so I've only tried easy. (Due to my own incompetence, I still am unable to beat it)

Best part about the skin is the ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ stuff imho.
dealth0072
Pretty good map, it has its flaws but honestly, everything that I've had beefs with it is already in the thread. So nice job! Really enjoyable!
Beuchi
Hi hi! :)

Here are some suggestions for your map, you don't have to change them if you don't agree with me :P
Let's go!!

~All Diffs~
- Some of the image files exceed the max. allowed size (1024x768 for BG, 800x600 for Storyboard files), you'll have to crop/resize them...
- normal-hitfinish2 is too loud, try to lower the volume of it.
- I personally think that section-fail would look way better if you remove those red X :P
- Caution Top Banner is kind of unnecesary, you can use the same file on the storyboard all the times you want :3
- Remove "Touhou Subterranean Animism 11 Radiant Symphony Nudarai" from Tags.

~Minor Meltdown~
- Set a Beat Snap Divisor of 1/2 and resnap all the notes (Go to Timing - Resnap all notes)
- Check the whole map with Distance Snap on.

00:18:850 (1,2,3,4,5) - Those are a bit hard to see, maybe space them a bit more to make them more visible?
00:29:884 (1) - Add one repeat to this slider
01:34:367 (4,5,6) - Fix spacing here.
02:19:884 (7) - Cool slider, but it would get people confused because you don't know where is it going (I actually missed it when I played it because I thought it went down and not up xD) so just move the ending a bit to make it less confusing xP
02:32:988 (8,9,10) - Fix Spacing Here.
02:47:470 (1) - Move down.
03:05:401 (4) - Fix Spacing.

~Typical Armageddon
- Set a Beat Snap Divisor of 1/2 and resnap all the notes (Go to Timing - Resnap all the notes)

01:35:745 (6) - Confusing slider again, you don't know where is this going :(
02:55:573 (12) - This was really hard to see in test playing. Could you space those circles a bit more?
03:14:366 (2) - Gidden slider, unfortunately this is unrankable :/

~Solarized Apocalypsis~
- Set a Beat Snap Divisor of 1/2 and resnap all the notes (Go to Timing - Resnap all the notes)

00:12:988 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Long Stream is loooooooong. I reccomend to delete some parts and add some sliders, like at the end of this superlong stream :< (Also, fun fact, I REALLY love how beautiful is symmetry <3 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4201)
01:22:298 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - Fix spacing.
01:57:125 (12,13,14,15,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This is so messy, could you make it more visible?
03:06:781 (1) - This slider is really confusing xD

Personally I find this pretty good for your first map. I'm sure there are more things to point out, but keep getting people to mod your map and it will get better. Good luck with this!!

*star*

EDIT: OMFG I BROKE THE THREAD XD
show more