forum

supercell - Sayonara Memories

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on April-20-10 at 5:08:12 PM

Artist: supercell
Title: Sayonara Memories
Source: ryo
Tags: nagi gazette farewell goodbye
BPM: 160
Filesize: 4344kb
Play Time: 02:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.3 stars, 102 notes)
  2. Hard (4.75 stars, 350 notes)
  3. Insane (4.99 stars, 445 notes)
  4. Normal (2.89 stars, 199 notes)
Download: supercell - Sayonara Memories
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Thanks Sun and Lunar for a much better mp3~!
I still ended up cutting the song though

Mapped an Insane (though its just harder than hard, but not very insane) ~beware the 1/3 stream
me thinks insane too fast for song ;-; blame bpm
Mapped an Easy.... err...wasn't easy to map D:

Pretty much finished... slow song at high BPM is hard to map ;-;
Cheery
你是最好的。 :D
Takuma
i tried. ;(
Neo Adonis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: supercell - Sayonara Memories (Neo Adonis) [Timing].osu
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Neo Adonis wrote:

Here is the new timing of the song. I added time sections in the start too if you wanna use them.
However, the time section you would interest the most is: 17,800 offset, 159.96 BPM
Anyway, check the file.
The starting seems really messed up... then again, I didn't map that part, so I don't need those.
Some parts sound okay, but I -did- cut the song somewhere, and unless I cut it "perfectly", that single BPM (159.96) shouldn't work...? I don't know, I'm not a timing expert ;_;, plus the notes seems a bit early near the end..

(P.S.: If you need a easy difficulty you can PM me ^_^). It's okay, I don't think I'll need an Easy, and even if I did, I can map one >:
Thanks for trying :o
Neo Adonis
In case you don't feel the 159.94 BPM is correct, you can say when did you cut the song. In this form, we could know where to do the timing chance.
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Neo Adonis wrote:

In case you don't feel the 159.94 BPM is correct, you can say when did you cut the song. In this form, we could know where to do the timing chance.
Between 01:41:812 and 01:41:845 when the chorus starts, I cut out the first chorus and replaced it with the second, I think most ppl wouldn't have noticed
ztrot
GAHHH ;.;
This is a tough one.
I don't think the bpm ever goes past 160 tho offsets are a diff story tho.
you have some 160.10 sections that don't need to bee there this map is mostly just offset changes.. I think
the start is really throwing me off. I'll try again later but I know the bpm doesn't need to go past 160

EDIT:666th post
Sun and Lunar
nagi <3

someday ago i want to do this song, but i stopped... still don't have enough experience for hard song like this...

but at least i do the timing, along with myst's help

this's the map's mp3: (i convert it my self from FLAC to mp3)
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2gztnxqodd

it's 159.93 on the piano intro
and when the beat start it changed the offset along with the bpm to 160.00

Download: Supercell - Sayonara Memories (Sun and Lunar) [asdfasdfasdf].osu
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Sun and Lunar wrote:

nagi <3

someday ago i want to do this song, but i stopped... still don't have enough experience for hard song like this...

O___O the problem with this is.. I cut the mp3...

EDIT: hmm your mp3's much better than what I have (doesn't seem to have those offset shifts), maybe I'll just cut it the same way and replace it :o

EDIT2: I successfully cut the mp3~ just testing timing a bit before asking to revive.. if I should...
Sun and Lunar

Shinxyn wrote:

Sun and Lunar wrote:

nagi <3

O___O the problem with this is.. I cut the mp3...

EDIT: hmm your mp3's much better than what I have (doesn't seem to have those offset shifts), maybe I'll just cut it the same way and replace it :o

EDIT2: I successfully cut the mp3~ just testing timing a bit before asking to revive.. if I should...
i hope you'll continue this :P

star for nagi~
Cyril Scarlet
Fight ^^/
awp
BPM: 160
Offset: 23535

COUGH COUGH I WAS WRONG good call

1. Offset: 23,528ms BPM: 160.005
35. Offset: 101,545ms BPM: 160.005

---

Timing was tested against Normal, but I must warn you: there's a lot of short slider abuse going on here. The map doesn't feel like a Normal, even though it's not particularly difficult. I think you should reduce the number of short sliders used by quite a bit, especially the repeaters. Don't be afraid of longer sliders! I see some a minute in, which is good, but they can be used on those eighth notes on the piano back there at 23 seconds in, too. Just a suggestion.
blissfulyoshi
Please remove the .osb file and a do a full-resubmit.
You might want to check your inherited timing section to see if they are snapped correctly. Places such as 01:16:443 in normal look a little strange

Normal:
Timing section mod:
01:08:664 - unneeded timing section, please remove
01:53:500 - a quarter note before this timing section, make a timing section with the same hitsound settings as this inherited timing section except without kiai to account for the change in hitsound volume + you should move the kiai timing to 01:53:544 to align with the lyrics
02:31:280 - unneeded timing section, please remove (assumign the timing sections re close to their correct alignment)

Hard:
Combo mod:
01:02:526 (1,3) - It felt really weird that this is the only combo in this section that does not start at the start of a new line of lyrics, so I would remove 1's new combo and add a new combo to 3

Timing section mod:
01:08:702 - unneeded timing section, please remove
01:53:538 - a quarter note before this timing section, make a timing section with the same hitsound settings as this inherited timing section except without kiai to account for the change in hitsound volume + you should move the kiai timing to 01:53:544 to align with the lyrics

Insane:
Normal mod:
00:47:527 (6) - I greatly dislike notes that are placed at the end of streams but I have to wait to press them (personal thing)

Combo mod:
01:43:044 (8) - new combo to be consistent with 01:46:044 (1)

Timing section mod:
01:28:009 - move a quarter note back
01:53:500 - same as normal

===============================
Very nice map. I could barely fine any flaws. Still I am not fully confident p-bubbling this yet. May you please get a few more mod post? I'll probably p-bubble after a few more mod post (assuming no one else does so first). Star.
nante
I'm looking forward playing this map as ranked
Derekku
sorry it took me so long to get to this, shin-chan ;p

[General]
*Kiai is inconsistent across difficulties. Personally, I think that ending the first section at 01:47:544 would be best (this is what you did in Insane).
*fountain the last note of each diff? :>

[Normal]
*Looks fine, but I think that it's too hard to be the easiest diff with so many offbeats and such.

[Hard]
*Nice~

[Insane]
*Cool

Not positive about the offset (felt late in spots), but I'm almost half-asleep atm. I'll double check tomorrow I suppose.

Make an easier diff please and I'll see about pubbling next time. oo;
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Derekku Chan wrote:

sorry it took me so long to get to this, shin-chan ;p c-chan..? D:

[General]
*Kiai is inconsistent across difficulties. Personally, I think that ending the first section at 01:47:544 would be best (this is what you did in Insane). oops, okay... yea, matched insane's kiai
*fountain the last note of each diff? :> I don't like doing that though...... okay fine >.>

[Normal]
*Looks fine, but I think that it's too hard to be the easiest diff with so many offbeats and such. ;-; kk

[Hard]
*Nice~ ~

[Insane]
*Cool ~

Not positive about the offset (felt late in spots), but I'm almost half-asleep atm. I'll double check tomorrow I suppose. I'm fine with it @.@ had awp double check~ (first offsets fine for me, second maybe -1, psh, no big deal

Make an easier diff please and I'll see about pubbling next time. oo; on it!
Lets see how fast I can come up with an Easy >:

EDIT: 44min... now then~ self mod (before anyone else points out) for Easy-
00:27:840 (1) - !! D: couldn't... help it...
00:33:840 (4) - ... makes sense, but 1/2 ;-;
01:11:526 (5,1) - maybe I should just make this a whole slider (remove 5, and start 1 early)
02:03:669 (1,2) - ... broke the pace to follow vocal...
02:17:543 (1,1) - vocal fit here well, even though I wasn't exactly following it
02:35:543 (1) - tempted to just end on this note, but didn't
02:41:543 (4,5) - !!! argh wanna remove... maybe I should
Help confirm ^
Derekku
Kiai: You don't HAVE to add kiai if you don't want to... But I think that a fountain fits on the last note of a song when the map ends before the music does. :3 *is happy with it*

[Easy]
00:32:527 (3,4) - Perhaps make this into a slider?
01:11:526 (5) - argh such a long pause. How about... adding a slider that goes from 01:10:776 to where (5) is?
02:17:543 (1) - ending with a hitsound just sounds so... weird imo. Perhaps silence the ending? Also...
02:17:543 (1,1) - these start at different times than Normal's spinners do. Perhaps match them up?

For anything else that you mentioned: I thought that things were fine and that you shouldn't remove anything. Stop being so hard on yourself. XP

Offset might be a few ms late, but that might just be me rushing through. @.@ Call me back for a pubble~
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Derekku Chan wrote:

Kiai: You don't HAVE to add kiai if you don't want to... But I think that a fountain fits on the last note of a song when the map ends before the music does. :3 *is happy with it*

[Easy]
00:32:527 (3,4) - Perhaps make this into a slider? okay~
01:11:526 (5) - argh such a long pause. How about... adding a slider that goes from 01:10:776 to where (5) is? ... huh, okay.... reduced (4)'s repleat for new slider that extends to (5)
02:17:543 (1) - ending with a hitsound just sounds so... weird imo. Perhaps silence the ending? fixedAlso...
02:17:543 (1,1) - these start at different times than Normal's spinners do. Perhaps match them up? haha, i just mapped to 1/1, so I didn't really care, but fixed anyways

For anything else that you mentioned: I thought that things were fine and that you shouldn't remove anything. Stop being so hard on yourself. XP ;-; but but, thats the only way I can do it right..

Offset might be a few ms late, but that might just be me rushing through. @.@ Call me back for a pubble~ I get "24ms early" in Easy, "8ms early" in Normal", "0ms early" in Hard, and "0ms late" in Insane from testing....umm...?
Yay quick reply~
Derekku
Yeah, it's really not best to test the offset on easier diffs. There's not enough notes to get an accurate sample to average and you'll easily get out of the beat of the song since there's so few notes.

Pubbled!

:S
show more