forum

Team Rocket - Maemuki Roketto-dan!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 24 March 2008 at 00:58:44

Artist: Team Rocket
Title: Maemuki Roketto-dan!
BPM: 189.81
Filesize: 2685kb
Play Time: 02:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.64 stars, 177 notes)
  2. Insane (4.77 stars, 350 notes)
Download: Team Rocket - Maemuki Roketto-dan!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
UPDATE 2: Spacing at 00:25:71 fixed.
---
UPDATE: Slider ticks in Normal changed from 2 to 1.
---
My fourth beatmap. Yes, it's a Pokemon song, but still it's one I find very rhythmic and energetic, so I thought a beatmap of it might be fun to play, even with Meowth's screechy voice. Plus, the song is about staying cheerful and never giving up in the face of adversity, which is something I always used to find endearing in the perenially failing Team Rocket (possibly the closest thing to an anime Wile E. Coyote).

This is a fast song (roughly 190 bpm), so even Normal may be a bit overwhelming for beginners. As ever, comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy this beatmap!

NOTE: I hit Cancel mid-upload to change a few characters in the title, resulting in a ghost beatmap with the code 918. Sorry about that. It can be removed, I hope?
eyup

pepppppppy wrote:

Deleted 918
James
Normal seems good, got a full combo on the first try.
Maybe you can change the slider tick rate to 1.
Congrats at making that perfect "R" there :P
Insane seems fine too, although I cannot pass it :(

Starred.

OFF TOPIC: What is the name of the pokemon iabove Meowth?
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Ok, slider ticks have been changed from 2 to 1 in Normal version. Glad you liked the "R", I enjoy making slider shapes themed to my beatmaps :D As far as your question is concerned, that Pokemon is Wobbuffet (also shouting "Sooo~nansu!" in the song).
James
I just played your insane, its not insane, its FUN! :)
I should have bubbled this instead of giving a star.

EDIT: Hmmm try 2,260 on the offset? And tell me how it is. :)

Wobuuuffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt!!!
Topic Starter
Sinistro

James wrote:

I just played your insane, its not insane, its FUN! :)
Mission accomplished, then! I'm very happy about this statement. :)

I tried your offset of 2,260, but I'm fairly certain that's early. I also experimented with 2,270, 2,280 and 2,290, since I know that I have a tendency to place the offset late, but I think that I've got it right this time. :oops: Of course, I could be dead wrong...
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
Offset feels fine to me as-is. *looks at james* :P
I know what you're thinking :P

Yeah its all good as is, I'm just trying to see if other offsets could be better :P
And its not.

EDIT: PING PONG! Spacing problem!!
While trying to FC insane, which is impossible for me....
I found this on Insane.
00:25:71 - Should be placed farther.
Thats all.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Spacing problem fixed - phew, good thing it was close to a spinner, otherwise I would have to move a ton of beats!
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
As annoying as I find the music, this map is solidly composed.

<3
Topic Starter
Sinistro
I understand how the song can get on one's nerves, so thank you for ranking this beatmap for its design! :)
mm201
Aleks719

mm201 wrote:

Since we can't change this, could a BAT please set an online offset of +8? This offset makes the beginning late and the ending early, but it cuts the difference as much as possible.

/me late
online offset +8
repaired heart icon
added "pokemon" to tags