forum

Is it sadistic when...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thepianist
a mapper hopes no one will FC his/her map?
Randy96
It's probably going for approved then, and maybe
Ph0X
I believe that we need those kinds of maps.
If you notice, the overall skill of the pros has increased over the past 2years, and they will keep on getting better and better.
So we need those kinds of maps and challenges to actually get better.

And I personally find those way more enjoyable and fun than the maps I can FC.
Ofcourse, the maps that are that challenging for me are quite easy for the real osu! pros, but then again, they need challenging maps too.

EDIT: It reminds me of the gaming industrie, making shit easy games just so they can have more customers, because n00bs hate hard games and they ragequit as soon as they fail.
I miss the good old games that were actually challenging.
And it's the same for osu! mappers don't make crazy maps because they know only a rare few actually like those kinds of challenges. Everytime I put a crazy beatmap in multi, everyone whines and quits like fucking pussies.
anonymous_old

Ph0X wrote:

And I personally find those way more enjoyable and fun than the maps I can FC.
Totally.

As some know, I like to DT or HR (or both) some random maps just so they are intense and challenging. I don't care if I FC; I really enjoy playing Tigerlily and Jump Jump on DT.

SSII? Is awp sadistic? I wouldn't say so.
lukewarmholiday
No but you're a faggot
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

No but you're a faggot
ouch the sig is gone

Sadism is the derivation of pleasure as a result of inflicting pain or watching pain inflicted on others.
Do you cream your pants every day when you check your map's ranking and seeing no S's? Then yes, you are.
Pokebis

Nakata Yuji wrote:

Do you cream your pants every day when you check your map's ranking and seeing no S's? Then yes, you are.
I do regardless.
Ph0X
I don't have any ranked maps but I definitly get pleasure and satisfaction seeing that even the big rollers fail at FCing my map.
anonymous_old

Ph0X wrote:

I don't have any ranked maps but I definitly get pleasure and satisfaction seeing that even the big rollers fail at FCing my map.
Your maps are unrankable for a reason.
Ph0X
That's because I havn't mapped anything with the intention of getting it ranked.
I was mainly just messing around in the editor and getting used.
I don't have the patience of making different difficulties and going throught the entire process yet.
anonymous_old

Ph0X wrote:

That's because I havn't mapped anything with the intention of getting it ranked.
I don't have the patience of making different difficulties and going throught the entire process yet.
Most of your difficulties aren't rankable, is what I'm saying.
Ph0X

strager wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

Most of your difficulties aren't rankable, is what I'm saying.
Well explain me why they aren't?
EDIT: Because I believe the point you are trying to make is out of context and has nothing to do with me wanting to make hard maps. It has to do with my trying to make original stuff and something making random unrankable shit.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
Oh my god, a battle ?