forum

Hacken Lee - Red Sun

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, 12 March 2008 at 4:43:28 p.m.

Artist: Hacken Lee
Title: Red Sun
BPM: 120.06
Filesize: 3287kb
Play Time: 03:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.45 stars, 128 notes)
  2. Hard (4.33 stars, 245 notes)
Download: Hacken Lee - Red Sun
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacken_Lee:

In 1992, he [Hacken Lee] reached the first peak in his career. His song "Red Sun" (紅日), the lyrics of which he wrote himself, is still widely recognized to this day as the prime "feel-good" song in Hong Kong.

Hope you enjoy this song as much as I enjoyed it.
EiJi
Nice map. Timing is good and excluding the huge distance between patterns (Blue-1 1.04.38 , Blue-1 1.13.37, Red-1 1.20.37 etc, to name a few) the spacing is fine.

I don't approve of the of the spacing mentioned above, which is the only thing keeping me from bubbling this.

Starred.
Topic Starter
Echo
Does that include the 1:52-ish phrase?
EiJi
Yes. But to be honest, I just played it, and it was kinda obvious. I went through the map once in edit mode, as usual, (that's how I mod) so I doubt I would've remember when the jumps are just after a single viewing.

So I think it may be acceptable, considering the beat is easy to get. However, it's still a fairly large jump. I couldn't get to em.
eyup
Lots of non-distance-snap stuff in this one, however I think all of them are OK bar the one at 1:20, that definitely is counterintuitive because of the criss crossing jumble of notes. Also, I hate the slider at 2:16.34 - there really should be some rule banning those. While I'm on that slider - Catmull WTF! Not the biggest fan of the mini sliders starting 2:47 either but there is a bit of a gap between them at least so I can live with those.
Topic Starter
Echo
Discrepancies posted above and a few more from IRC fixed to an accepted compromise.
eyup
Hard seems OK now. Definitely needs easier difficulty(ies) with good beat spacing though.
Topic Starter
Echo
Bumping to prevent graveyard. Updated Hard so there are 3 less choruses at the end now (used to be 5).

01:51:39 (3,4) is on 1/8 beats on purpose, leading into my (imperfect) cut.

Will be doing easy.
Topic Starter
Echo
Normal + storyboarded, so please redownload the osz!
LuigiHann
Could use a bg image of some sort. Cute map, I like it. There were some combos where I got strings of 100s, but I would probably chalk that up to me sucking at osu. Just play through again and make sure everything is snapped as you intended.

Starring this because of the BG image thing. It brings a lot to the presentation.
Topic Starter
Echo
Added a bg. 2 single colour layers + filters in photoshop (you can probably do a better job though :P)
Rolled
This beatmap has a very ouendan feel to it, with a hint of Echo. It flows excellently. SB also is cool.

Bubbled, to say the least.
Saturos
Ouendan feel = many jumps

Echo feel = symmetry

This has both, and it is STILL rankable. /me ranks.

Download: ZUN - Maiden's Cappricio ~ Dream Battle (Fight69) [LRJ's Hard].osu
CowNoseThe50PoundCat
Woah omg crazy smiley face!! I can't believe noone else commented on that. :P
mm201

CowNoseThe50PoundCat wrote:

Woah omg crazy smiley face!! I can't believe noone else commented on that. :P
I just wish the smiley face was the spinner, rather than just spinning away and giving you a regular spinner. :(
YoshiKart
I can't believe I've never heard of this song beatmapped before. :(

Thanks, Echo!!!