forum

Disappearing/invisible sliders (on edit mode)?? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sharkenaa
(I couldn't find a thread by searching with keywords "slider, disappear/invisible")

Today,

I got into making beatmaps - and it's really fun so far. Unfortunately, I ran into a problem.

I was making a simple intro. Maybe a too simple, so I added a couple of sliders. Well, that worked fine, looked correct and everything. When I go back to preview what I've done, they're not there!
It looks like this (A few quick screenshots with even quicker MS Paint edit, to help you understand what I'm trying to say):

The red lines on the timeline of the first picture show how long the sliders were when I added them.
In the second screenshot I wrote "Up there is where another one should start.", which doesn't mean it's supposed to start deep in that corner, but a little to down and right from there.

Spinners and hit circles work fine, though.

Is it me doing something wrong again, or is it my osu!, computer or what's causing this?

mm201
Which version of osu! is installed?
Are you using DirectX or OpenGL?
What video card are you using?
How recent are its drivers?

Are these sliders still registering for gameplay purposes or is it like they don't exist?
Topic Starter
Sharkenaa
osu! version 1.3.3.7
Supposedly DirectX. Can I confirm this somewhere?
As for video card, ATI's Radeon X1300/X1550 Series. Drivers should be okay... Don't know what I'm basing that off of, though. For comparison, Fallout 3 runs on minimum graphic settings, even though it lags at certain areas.

Sliders do register in test mode and when I open the beatmap from the list on the "Play" menu, but they're invisible. I was able to hit an invisible slider, but even though I clicked it like a hit circle, it registered the both ends of it.
Here's a screenshot from the PLAY mode, not edit modes TEST mode:

I clicked at where the cursor is, where it says "30", but it also instantly shows the "300" points underneath the health bar.
mm201

Sharkenaa wrote:

osu! version 1.3.3.7
Lol, don't look at the version number in the .exe; it's a dummy placeholder and has been 1.3.3.7 forever. The version can be found in Options. I believe the latest public is b1212, but I don't have osu! on this computer so I can't check.

Sharkenaa wrote:

Supposedly DirectX. Can I confirm this somewhere?
Also in Options.

Reading more into this, it looks like these are zero-length sliders. Is it just your map which is affected or do other (preferably ranked) maps suffer from this?
Topic Starter
Sharkenaa
osu! version b1211 and indeed using DirectX.

Haven't encountered this with other maps.
anonymous_old
Post the map+difficulty or attach the .osu, please, along with the time of the slider.
Topic Starter
Sharkenaa
Here's the .osu-file:
Download: REDALiCE - Locked Girl (Trancecore Remix) (Sharkenaa) [Easy].osu
That's the right file, isn't it? Quick side question: If that's the map, what's the .osb-file?

And the slider's times:
1. 00:46:905
2. 00:48:285

3. 00:52:422
4. 00:53:802

5. 00:57:940
6. 00:59:319

7. 01:43:285
8. 01:44:664 (or :836)

And then there's the one that works at 01:46:043.
rust45
When you were making the sliders, did you left click for the last point, then right click to end it while your mouse was still there? That can cause sliders to do weird crap.
Topic Starter
Sharkenaa
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
I think a lot of us screw up when making sliders for the first time. :? inb4 strager and others coming in to say that they didn't

Glad to see that you figured it out! Resolved~