forum

Some Circles become Sliders ? (beatmap creation) [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sekuyi
Hey there,

I just figured out how the beatmap editor works and finished my first song. But somehow Osu changes circles to sliders sometimes. First I thought I did place those sliders, but no, I did not.
Just now I played my beatmap and everything was fine. After I finished it I clicked retry and some circles just became sliders.
I opened up the editor and they really have been changed.

I replaced the sliders with circles and tested it again. Now other circles became sliders ?! Eh...?

Hope you can help me with this problem ^^

Regards from germany
~Sekuyi
UtsukimiJerry
try to take a screenshot so the tech support team can try to reproduce your problem
Topic Starter
Sekuyi
Well, it's pretty hard to capture that error.
I let Osu play for itself (Auto Mod): http://img25.imageshack.us/i/secondqy.jpg/

Still a lot of work to do with the beatmap, but I think it's better for the support to check it out: /*link removed by myself*/

I hope you can fix this.

Regards
~Sekuyi
Derekku
Without checking your link, I can tell you that you're making the sliders wrong. Left click to create the first anchor, left click for more anchors after that, and then place your last anchor with a RIGHT click. Doing it any other way will create various broken sliders.
anonymous_old
Did you increase the slider velocity after placing sliders? If so, that could be the problem, as the sliders are now shorter than you allow then to be thus go into nonexistence.
Topic Starter
Sekuyi
I'm afraid that's not it.
I did not place sliders. I placed normal circles.
When I test it in the editor everything is ok, but when I want to play it/or let it be played by Osu, some of the circles I placed become sliders. They look like circles but are actually sliders.

I'll try to delete and remap all sliders. Maybe I really created some broken sliders, which kinda parted and messed everything up.

Regards
~Sekuyi
Derekku
Regular circles don't just become sliders. You must have been trying to place sliders as regular circles (which can be done, albeit buggy, obviously), and then you saw the mistake while testing. Just delete all of the buggy sliders and there should be no further problems. :?
Topic Starter
Sekuyi
Ok, looks like I solved it. I deleted the "wrong circles" and all sliders which appeared ~10 seconds before and after the error. Then I placed the sliders again and after that the circles.
After that I tested the beatmap in the editor -> everything is fine
I ran another test in the editor with autoplay -> everything is fine
I restarted Osu and played my beatmap in solo mode -> everything is fine

Thanks for your quick help ^^

Regards
~Sekuyi