forum

All ready => start game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Instead of giving the host the power to start the game, automatically start the game when all players are marked as ready in a multiplayer room.
Gabi
for what reason?

no thanks, i don't support this at all.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

for what reason?

The "start game" requirement feels really annoying when I'm hosting. If everyone's ready, why not start?
qlum
no support since it doesn't save much time and can be annoying when enabled accidentally
Gabi

strager wrote:

Gabi wrote:

for what reason?

The "start game" requirement feels really annoying when I'm hosting. If everyone's ready, why not start?
mainly because sometimes people like to have small talk even if everyone has ready status on. it's just a mouse click away from starting a game anyway :/
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I don't see why the host or someone can't just wait to hit the ready button, too.
Ivalset
It should probably have a short delay on starting for the more indecisive folk. Like a 3 second visible countdown.
Ph0X
He's right, when you press ready, it means your ready, there is no reason why everyone should be ready and still waiting for a second ready.
Symbolic

Ph0X wrote:

He's right, when you press ready, it means your ready, there is no reason why everyone should be ready and still waiting for a second ready.
this ^
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Ivalset wrote:

It should probably have a short delay on starting for the more indecisive folk. Like a 3 second visible countdown.
A countdown sounds like a good idea, but then again, you have a breather period right before the map stars anyway (and sometimes it's a long pre-map thingy where noobs don't skip).
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Ivalset wrote:

Halo-style. Good idea. *support
Jarby
Gah, no countdowns, I like it how it is now.
Jinxy
Won't it better if the Host can only press ready when everyone else is ready, instead of pressing twice?

Some annoying people may hold up the game, but there's nothing the boot can't do.
peppy
I like the way it is now (obviously, since I made it that way >.>). I guess it's just most natural system to me for hosting games. Don't really see a need to change it.
mm201
I agree with keeping the starting of a match separate from readiness.

Nothing necessitates the host being the last one to click Ready, and having someone other than the host actually initializing the match would be strange.
Lunah_old
it's perfect how is now ... all players, and host will be ready

If in a private match you press ready for mistake ?? autostart without host gamestart ?
Stefan
Bumping.

This idea may cause problems since it always happens that someone wants to write something quick before it starts and/or want to brb for something. I'd say you will lose control at the MP with this Option.
deadbeat
i saw this earlier, and was tempted to bump, but wasn't really sure if it was worth discussing :<
Stefan
It is actually. So that's why I have bumped it. c:

But as I said I find it bad because of the reasons in my post before.
Kitsunemimi
You're only supposed to bump topics where there's a feature which you're actually trying to get added. Bumping a really old and practically dead topic just to say that you agree with most of the other people in the thread who also said they don't really like the feature is virtually pointless; or in other words, necroposting without purpose.
show more