forum

Slider problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AxonZin
Hi, first off I would just like to say this is my first post on these forums so I haven't quite figured everything out yet. If this is the wrong spot to post, or this question has been asked before (although I scanned the first few pages and didn't see it), I sincerely apologize and you can delete my post if necessary.

Anyways, the problem I've been having is related to creating sliders in beatmaps. I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but what keeps happening is that whenever I try to make a curved slider, Osu! will sometimes straighten out the slider for no apparent reason. What I mean is that I'll make the curved slider, save it, go into Test Beatmap to test out the new section I've created, and then when I'm testing the beatmap all of my curved sliders will just be straight lines.

This happens about 50-75% of the time I try to make sliders. Sometimes I have to remake the sliders over 10 times before they finally stay in their curved shape. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Once again, sorry if this has been asked before, or if this is in the wrong section.
Kytoxid
A few things to make sure you're doing:

Set your last point using right-click, and make sure it is NOT on top of an existing left-click point. Sometimes, I forget to end a slider and left-click instead where I should have right-clicked. If I then right-click on where I just set the slider point, that point will actually be deleted, although the editor will not render it properly.

Hitting A will convert sliders to linear instead of bezier, hitting D returns them to bezier form.
Topic Starter
AxonZin

Kytoxid wrote:

A few things to make sure you're doing:

Set your last point using right-click, and make sure it is NOT on top of an existing left-click point. Sometimes, I forget to end a slider and left-click instead where I should have right-clicked. If I then right-click on where I just set the slider point, that point will actually be deleted, although the editor will not render it properly.

Hitting A will convert sliders to linear instead of bezier, hitting D returns them to bezier form.
Thanks for the fast response, I'll try this and hopefully it will solve my problem.