forum

[Archived] Slider ball doesn`t flip. Osu ignores skin.ini file.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amodeus
Hello there. I`ll get straight to the point.
I`m making my beatmap using Street Fighter IV skin, so I`ve put all needed images to the beatmap folder with skin.ini file. Skin works perfectly despite slider ball which doesn`t want to flip, that looks totally weird ._.
And osu! just ignores skin.ini file saying that it`s not needed (delete yes/no)...

So I think that is some kind of a bug. LF help :D

Ah yeah, here is the beatmap

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/10104
awp
afaik it's not a bug, it's a feature that hasn't been implemented. Custom beatmap skins currently don't read the skin.ini file. I think. I'd link to the feature request but I'm having a bit of trouble finding it and give up pretty easily.
Topic Starter
Amodeus
So what should I do?

Just remove sliderball frames?

Cause BAT`s don`t want to rank it cause of that.
An64fan
I was actually the person (or possibly one of multiple people) who brought this up a number of months ago. It's expected behavior that the .ini file isn't read. I can't remember what the consensus was, though, but it was probably that it wouldn't be changed, at least for the time being.

One option that's available to you would be to set the skin as the default in the map settings. You could also do this along with tagging in the custom skin elements. The map will use the custom elements that you've added, and if the player has the skin in their folder, anything not covered by the custom elements (skin.ini included) will be filled in.

If there's an issue with a certain skin element, you should consider fixing or removing it. Also, make sure that if you have a custom circle, that you've also included a circle overlay (even if it's the default one). Else I'll harp at you about that. :P