forum

No HL2:Ep3 this year

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hel ... fe-in-2010

The latest issue of GameInformer is reporting that fans of Half Life will be disappointed if they were looking forwards to seeing a new episode of the long-lived series.

The issue explicitly states that in speaking to Valve, they were told that the company has no plans whatsoever to release the third chapter of Half-Life this year, and that development of the game is still on-going.
Nachy
It's the Gabe is fat joke's fault.
lukewarmholiday
Half life forever
Ph0X
I literally tried throwing my chair like that when my friend sent me the news couple days ago.
Though, the chair only moved couple inches.
lukewarmholiday
I flipped our sofa that basically across the downstairs living room when playing melty blood.
awp
They're re-writing the HL engine for it. Not entirely surprised or disappointed.
Doomsday
No HL2: EP3 this year. I'm dissapointed, but I'm not surprised
lukewarmholiday
They are rewriting the source engine for it.

They are really trying to keep the user friendly interface with the development kits and such and keeping it simple to code for, but they need to modernize it. More GPU less CPU please valve.
Ph0X

awp wrote:

They're re-writing the HL engine for it. Not entirely surprised or disappointed.
Well they do make a new version of source for almost every game they make (ep1, 2007, l4d, etc)
But yes this one seems to be bigger. Kinda weird though, I would of though they'd keep that for HL3, but I guess not :|

They did say they were aiming for something more ambitious
http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1029
So I'm thinkng there's gonna be something big we don't know.
anonymous_old

Ph0X wrote:

I would of though they'd keep that for HL3
Maybe they are.

=====]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Pokebis
Gabe ate the old engine. As a snack.
Nachy

Pokebis wrote:

Ep3 delayed till 2012
Ph0X

strager wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

I would of though they'd keep that for HL3
Maybe they are.
Well I thought about that too, but wtf the episodes are a trilogy, they can't jump over ep3 :|

Pokebis wrote:

Nah, too busy getting laid~
Topic Starter
Loginer

Ph0X wrote:

Nah, too busy getting laid~
That pen is obviously shopped.
Ephemeral
They better be modifying the engine to allow players to go BACK IN TIME or some shit - I can't think of anything else that justifies the wait so far
Ph0X

Ephemeral wrote:

They better be modifying the engine to allow players to go BACK IN TIME or some shit - I can't think of anything else that justifies the wait so far
Or atleast a crysis looking engine that can run on my ti-83 calculator~
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
qlum
ti-83 calculator is crap I use a emulator of it on my ds and it draws graphsfaster not as slow but still slow.

back to topic I wish they didn't make left 4 dead 1/2 but made half life 2 episode 3 instead.
Neo@lex
I feel the need to point out that this is Valve who said it wouldn't be out in 2010.
Valve, who brought us L4D2 only a year after L4D came out. Valve, who are still updating their 3-year old multiplayer shooter after they said they'd cease development in 2008. Valve, whose very first game is still fun on computers twelve years after its release. Valve, who raped and killed a girl in 1990. Valve, who have absolutely no concept of time whatsoever.
Basically people are really pissed off with this news, and Gabe'll have to give a meaningful response sooner or later. Whether that's before the game's release is for time to tell. Valve time.
Ph0X
show more