forum

Tanci Minus - Gorod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ProF
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 24 марта 2008 г. at 6:57:48

Artist: Tanci Minus
Title: Gorod
BPM: 157,81
Filesize: 5692kb
Play Time: 02:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3,27 stars, 152 notes)
Download: Tanci Minus - Gorod
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap. And first beatmap on Russian song
It`s almost done, but I am stil not sure even about timing.
I hope, that you specify to me my mistakes
P.S. Sorry for not very good English))
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
ProF
Renamed & Reuploaded
Echo49, thank you for litttle help
Echo
Try these values for your timing:

BPM: 157.81
Offset: 25250

The offset might be a little early. After changing the settings, go back to Compose mode and change Beat snap divisor in the top right corner to 1/2. Then go to the Timing menu and choose Resnap all notes and Recalculate slider lengths. Finally, play through and manually adjust any beat that is incorrect snapped, such as at 0:39.88 where the 8 and the end of the slider ended up overlapped.
Topic Starter
ProF
Done. Thank you again
Echo
Now it's time to get your beat placement better. It you take a look at your map at 0:38.55, you'll see that all the beats are right next to each other. However, the rhythm of the beats is actually very different. If the beats are placed like the ones on the right side of the following picture, it'd be a lot more natural:

Another example are the beats at the beginning. The pattern you've placed it in is very much like the opposite of what it should be like. I have a .osu file attached which has the beats up to the first break placed in a better way. Take a look at it and where necessary, space the rest of the song so the beats reflect the rhythm. If you're stuck, here's another example: http://peppy.chigau.com/Beat%20Spacing.jpg
Download: Tanci Minus - Gorod (ProF) [Hard].osu

Topic Starter
ProF
I think i undestand that. Another reupload.
By the way, should i do something with long series at 1.12 - 1.15? I think I must replace it
Echo
It's getting better and better now :D

1:10.70 should be moved to 1:10.89. It makes more sense like this.
The 1:12 - 1:15 bit is fine, this is a hard map after all :P
The orange 5 at 1:21.92 should be moved so it is exactly between the orange 4 and 6, because that is the rhythm of it.
1:25.91 slider should be half a beat earlier at 1:25.72
2:33.97 red 4-6 should be moved higher on the map because the time from 3 to 4 is longer than before, and the way it's arranged now is confusing.
2:54.12 should be moved half a beat earlier to 2:53.93

After these changes you should upload to Completed forum (just change the option in the top right of the upload window to Completed and click "Submit" after it says File uploaded).
Topic Starter
ProF
Finally, it here. Lot of thanks to Echo for big help. Maybe I add video to this beatmap.
Echo
awp
40:29 - this slider sounds to me like it goes with absolutely nothing in the audio

The whole combo following at 43:14 is also one big "wtf" to me.

Other than that and a beat-spacing inconsistency starting at 1:30:47, I've got no legitimate complaints here.

However, I'm quite reluctant to take an action in either direction between debubbling or ranking. This is definitely a unique beatmap and I really don't know what to make of it. I'll just sit on my thumbs and request that, for now, take a look at the above suggestions.
Topic Starter
ProF
I have executed some improvements, following your advice. But...

awp wrote:

The whole combo following at 43:14 is also one big "wtf" to me.
I not get it. It looks normally from my point of view. Can you explain?
chan
Hi ProF, seems like you've been hard at work at this beatmap, and it's good to see it improving.

I agree a little with awp and his comments about the sliders: I think you can improve on when you place your sliders and beats. I think mostly the timing of some sliders are of main concern.

Here's a list of times which I think sliders/beats could be reworked
00:43:71 - move back half a beat earlier then lengthen it (ends @ 00:44:09)
00:44:47 - shorten (ends @ 00:44:66)
00:45:23 - move back half a beat earlier (same with note 6 @ 00:45:42)
00:49:41 - move forward half a beat later (same with note 3 @ 00:50:93)

You know what, I'm just going to make all these changes and upload them, it'll save us both a heap of time. I took a little liberty when placing notes, but tried not to change much of your map. Let me know what you think.
Download: Tanci Minus - Gorod (ProF) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
ProF
Thanks, chan. Some of your improvements I have applied, some not.
Especially thanks for idea of 2 sliders instead of 1 double-slider.
Reuploaded
EiJi
<3
chan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
Perhaps Cecil bubbled it without posting when he was back for a bit. He did that to a few others, as well.
chan
No, I think EiJi looked at Echo's thought bubble which was made prior to ProF altering his map. I think that is a bit strange, but meh?
EiJi
I dunno what's going on... But if I ranked this, it was bubbled before doing so. If changes were made after the bubble or something, ask Peppy to unrank this if you see any problems.
Starrodkirby86
Hm...can anyone enlighten me to why this map can't be downloaded and all?

Via the forums...
Not Found

The requested URL /bss/951 Tanci Minus - Gorod.osz was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Via the BSS page...

A failed import. I downloaded it twice, one earlier this month and today. They're probably in that Failed song folder I saw.