forum

[Archived] Bug in stacking code [#157]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Matma Rex wrote:

Video Feat. Ania Wyszkoni - Soft [Normal], 01:23:848 (1,2,3,4,5).

A slider is being stacked twice - once above the note below it's startpoint, and once above the note below its endpoint. Also, the note below its startpoint is stacked over nothing.

Screenshot:
Just the editor or in-game?
Topic Starter
Matma Rex

Loogiesquared wrote:

Just the editor or in-game?
AFAIK the test mode is the same osu! game as the play mode, right? Also, how about checking it yourself, you lazy man boy?
awp

Matma Rex wrote:

AFAIK the test mode is the same osu! game as the play mode, right?
I think it's a safe assumption that what happens in the editor test mode also happens in standard Play mode, as has always been the case with bugs in the past. I believe they use a lot of the same modules/functions.
mm201
1. The orange (1) is being stacked below 01:22:758 (7) because the stacking leniency is set very high. This is completely normal.
2. The orange (2) slider is being moved up/left by one stack unit because of 01:25:212 (5). Still normal, albeit ugly/bad mapping.
3. The orange (4) is being moved down/right by one stack unit because it's under the end of 01:24:121 (2).

So basically, the slider-end stacking code is ignoring the possibility that the slider itself might be part of a stack.

Here you go: http://osu.sifterapp.com/issue/157 (Issue / Low)

Low priority since this shouldn't be happening unless you're using stupid, ugly, confusing overlap.
Topic Starter
Matma Rex

MetalMario201 wrote:

Low priority since this shouldn't be happening unless you're using stupid, ugly, confusing overlap.
Uh, what? It's just a bunch of notes that go left and right.
mm201
Patterns going back under themselves are stupid.

BTW, this case gets fixed by decreasing Stacking Leniency by one tick.
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
Thanks, I'll do it for now. I still have no idea why (5) was stacked over nothing.

edit: hey wait. (5) is still stacked over nothing (moves 1 stack unit up-left).

edit: I lowered leniency to minimum and it kinda fixed itself, but now there's no stacking at all.

edit: it's unfixable. Either there are no stacks, or (5) is stacked. FFUU-
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
Bumping with another example, less esoteric.

The Ting Tings - Fruit Machine [Fruits] 01:55:891 (3,4,5,6).
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5205

I think that's what happens:
1. (4) is stacked correctly under slider (3).
2. Slider (3) is stacked correctly above (5,6), but (4) is not moved accordingly.
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
Is there a point in bumping this again?