forum

I've work to do

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
An64fan
So after this week is up, I need to start looking for a job because technically I'm not a student anymore.

:(
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lum Moroboshi
Sorry, bub. Got to grow up sometimes.

...I need to look for a job too. Don't feel bad.
lukewarmholiday
I need a job and I still need to plan how I'm going to pay for college.

I'm going to graduate at 17 though so my parents gave me permission to take a year off school.(Year ahead, go me :roll: ) But I'll never want to go back if I do that.
anonymous_old
Work for Peppy.
Topic Starter
An64fan

Pokebis wrote:

Become an entrepreneur.
Startup funds plz. :P

Loogiesquared wrote:

Work for Peppy.
I would, but I'd eventually starve.
Ph0X
Isn't alberta rich as fuck because they fuck up the envirement, abuse the sandoil and shit.
If I die one day, i'll blame you fuckers.
Loginer
So you've been in school for over 10 years without any goals for the future whatsoever?

Anyway, avoid the bottom-tier jobs unless you really need the money. Worked at 7-Eleven for a week once, it was torture.
Topic Starter
An64fan
Well, I do have goals, but I need some time to tune my skills. I want to go to one of the art schools in the area, but I don't at all want to rush. I'd rather like to live a little first. Plus, my computer sucks. :? I need some cash so I can get a new one, as well as funding school which I'd like to go to and all that.

Also, I wouldn't think of it. Being a cashier in a bustling, stressful environment would be a nightmare to me. One of my cousin's already warned me about it, too. On the contrary, I was thinking of the EB Games that recently opened at the outlet mall near where I live. Walkable distance, something I care about, and not nearly as crowded most of the time. There's another at the good mall that I can get to by bus, too. Of course, there are a few other places I'm going to take a look around at as well.
Cuddlebun
as a side note how old are you now Loginer? I lost track but I thought you had to be 18 to work at 7-11
awp

Todesengal wrote:

as a side note how old are you now Loginer? I lost track but I thought you had to be 18 to work at 7-11
Loginer lives in a wild and wacky country, laws are probably different there
anonymous_old

awp wrote:

laws are probably nonexistent there
Fix'd.
Cuddlebun
yeah I was confused and was wondering if they even had 7-11s in Loginerland
Loginer

Todesengal wrote:

15, and I wasn't actually employed; we have something called PRAO over here, where all 7th graders are sent off to some shitty places to wipe floors and restock shelves for a week. They say it's to "give students experience with real-life working environments", but the real message they're trying to convey is "get good grades, or you'll be doing this for the rest of your life".

As for age restrictions, you're technically allowed to work at "safe" places like 7-Eleven once you're 13, but since your parents are forced by law to take care of you until you're 18, might as well not bother.
Skyripper
Well... there's always college... but I regret going :P