forum

Zeami - Ryougen no Mai [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aquabluu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 12:00:03 PM

Artist: Zeami
Title: Ryougen no Mai
Source: Taiko no Tatsujin
BPM: 104
Filesize: 2250kb
Play Time: 01:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.57 stars, 216 notes)
  2. Insane (4.86 stars, 525 notes)
  3. mekadon95's Easy (0.69 stars, 71 notes)
  4. Normal (2.77 stars, 157 notes)
  5. Taiko Hard (4.76 stars, 398 notes)
  6. Taiko Oni (4.83 stars, 823 notes)
Download: Zeami - Ryougen no Mai
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Introduced into Taiko no Tatsujin 12.5(and later into Taiko Wii 2), Ryougen no Mai quickly gained status as the one of the hardest songs to pass in the entire series, alongside Rotter Tarmination Ura, because of the insane streams in the middle and at the end of the song. Taiko Oni is 10 stars with 822 beats.

Mapset includes authentic Taiko Hard and Oni. Click here to download Kantan, and here for Futsuu.

WIP, but for a different reason now.

To-do list:
Hard
4 different BGs
Storyboard
Skin

Hard under construction.
mekadon_old
Am I the first? Yaaay~~~~
I'll do an Easy, yeah for begineers maybe...
Star~~
Topic Starter
aquabluu
Thank you very much :) Zekira's working on a Hard. Who wants Normal? :3
Zekira
Insane (4.97 stars, 386 notes)
Hm... I haven't DL'd the map yet, but from the looks of things, this might just qualify for a Hard lol...

EDIT:

00:43:393 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - I derped.
Fine, make that Insane then (not really a fan of small hitcircles here lol...). I was doubting that this was an Insane at first because of the few notes; guess I was wrong :\ lol

Actually, get a really good player to mod Insane. I wanna point out a lot of things but most of them when I analyze it is just contributed by my incompetence to even read these properly on osu!standard, disabling me from modding this properly. One thing though, note placement looks messy. Very. I mean, I get the note arrangement when you listen to it, it sounds okay, but I think the mapping is too messy.

Ah whatever I'll try my best to mod it...

[Insane]
I just noticed now that the hitsound arrangement doesn't sound nice on the Taiko skin. I'd happily hitsound mod if it didn't tire the hell out of me.
00:20:885 (1) - Highly suggested: make this a note and break. Spinner doesn't sound nice in that silence.
00:28:537 (6) - remove finish from the tail.
00:30:845 (6) - extend 1/2.
00:31:710 (1,4) - swap new combos
00:34:595 (11,1) - No. Just no. The intensity of the notes don't compensate the fact that the song itself isn't intensifying, hence I think this jump isn't appropriate in this case. (since IMO the 9 and 10 repeat sliders sounds inappropriate to my ears :\)
00:40:508 (8) - New Combo
00:43:393 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - I understand what you're doing here, but I highly suggest you change these into repeat sliders. Unlike Taiko, we're limited to only 2 fingers here and not 2 hands. (well, if you really don't wanna change it, maybe I can get someone to test and see if they can hit these properly, preferably those who've grinded Marikan)
00:59:547 (9,10,11) - I don't like how this plays. I personally think a note should be present at 01:00:124 with a New Combo. 9 should be nerfed to only 1 repeat just like 6. 11 doesn't sound intuitive.
01:04:162 (4) - if you're gonna trick someone and get away with it, then you must put a New Combo here.
01:06:470 (4) - ^
01:13:970 (1,2) - sorry, but no. Most overlapping sliders don't get away with it. This definitely doesn't too.
01:14:835 (5,6) - ^
01:19:451 (4,5,6) - I really think this is very unintuitive.
xx:xx:xxx - I highly suggest you map that second break filled with only a few notes. The high intensity of the previous notes isn't nicely anti-climaxed by this break.
01:38:201 (5,6,7) - what the...

The kiai exhibits what is clearly a stop-motion trick. If my hands were as fast as my spacing-eye can move, I would deliberately be missing stuff not because I'm pressing wrongly, but because there's a sudden halt in the middle of the combos. I don't exactly like this, but I don't exactly think this is a bad idea either. Red Zone (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5731) also kind of gives the same annoying feeling, but since it got away with it then I probably shouldn't say anything about this one. Mainly what I'm concerned about is the sudden placement of stacks in the middle of that intense pattern; people might be annoyed to death because of sudden halts like that, but again I think it's an okay technique.

EDIT3: Basically after 00:34:739, everything's insanely hard to sightread. It's either the map is just too messy, too hard, or I suck all in all. But really sightread (following the beats with the eyes) shouldn't really be a major problem...
EDIT4: Highly Suggestion: Reduce the HP Drain by 3 (I am serious), increase overall diff. by 1. Everything is looking nicer with a fast Overall Diff. Same thing that happened in Haya Sai; faster song deserves faster hitcircles. So you HAVE to raise the Overall Diff. by 1 so it doesn't look as messy. I can suddenly sightread 90% of the beats after raising the OD by 1.

EDIT2: I tested it, and not surprisingly, that 1/6 stream looks a bit blargh on that small hitcircles. Just look at it, it's too cramped (this was with the not yet raised OD btw):

And again it looks less blargh on a higher OD.
Topic Starter
aquabluu
That's a lot. Though, I really want to keep the stream at 00:43:393 if at all possible :D
Zekira
Yeah, you can keep it: just please raise the OD by 1 o_o

Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but the skin of the Insane diff. isn't forced to Taiko. Of course you may have intended to do this: just a reminder if in case you didn't.
Topic Starter
aquabluu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zekira
Uh, I forgot, could you make the second offset 25,500 and adjust the timing points after it by -9

Also, reduce hitsound volume a bit.

I'm also working on a diff. easier than Insane, so... yeah.
mekadon_old
Here is it
Download: Taiko no Tatsujin - Ryougen no Mai (aquabluu) [Easy].osu
I'll fix some hitsound issues asap
anonymous_old
star
arien666
[General]
Delete .osb file :3...

[Insane]
00:43:393 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - NO! Stack error... How about change to slider return?
00:48:874 (2) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid left?
00:50:605 (10,11,12) - ^
01:22:047 (7) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid down?

Anyway...
Good luck :3

Not star yet :3...
Nyan
XD
Topic Starter
aquabluu
Sorry for the delay, but I just really haven't had time to look these through. Thanks for the map, mekadon.

arken1015 wrote:

[Insane]
00:43:393 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - NO! Stack error... How about change to slider return?
Aw...:P
Zekira
I personally want to keep that stack :| it's one of the things that makes Ryougen famous, anyway
arien666

Zekira wrote:

I personally want to keep that stack :| it's one of the things that makes Ryougen famous, anyway
But, it may cause very INSANE tech orz...
Well... It seems good for pro-players...

Whatever I said, if you wanna keep that tech,
I don't mind about them anymore :3...
inb4,

Plz, love your Pending maps ;_;
Mapper 31
staaaaaar
Kim Jin Seok
Star+ :)
pokedigi
Why not be more rhythm in 100BPM area?
banvi
Hello.
I like this song and Taiko no Tatsujin. :)
Thismap is nice!
This is difficult...but It's interesting.
I am not a good modder. :o

mod ;)
I think , add "Yoami" in Source or Tags. (Yoami is composer.)
BPM: 104 ←OK

insane
00:06:750 (9) under 1 grid?
00:07:039 (10) ^
00:07:327 (1) ^
01:39:859 (4) under 1 grid?
01:39:932 (5) under 1 grid and left 1 grid?
01:40:076 (6) under 1 grid and left 1 grid?

star☆
MMzz
Aqua, I can try to make a normal for you. Not gaurenteeing anything x3
show more