forum

Tecktonik

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ph0X
So yea, you guys in the US have all these dancing styles like like cwalk and crank and popping and shit, but in france, hiphop is DEAD and it's all about electro. they have their own electro style/dance called Tecktonik, and it's taking over my town (montreal) since we are french canadians.

Usually they keep it relax and smooth, but this video... I had to post it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjkyMqVFvRg#t=24

Specially when the guys kicks in (0:53 and 1:00)

I'll have to admit though, when girls do it (and not as hardcore), it's kinda hot (at least better than cranking it), but this is just wrong.

Very mainstream tecktonik song is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wVEvkiaoV8

And their dressing style is:

So, I need a new town guys~
Seibei4211
French Canadian? That must be why I like it. Well, the music, not the dancing. Good Lord, the dancing. Although, yeah, it was kinda hot when that chick did it.

Edit: Also, is there a winner? And how do you tell who it is? Do you always end your dance-off by making out with the opponent? Is that the prize for winning?
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Doubt they would do that if it's a guy vs a guy :<
But yes, it's kinda like breakdance I guess, winner is kinda picked by the crowd, which in this video wouldn't really make sense, but it's pretty much freestyling and stuff.

I'll admit , I enjoy this music far more than rock or rap, but their beat get kinda annoying after a while.
Derekku
Music: Sexy
Dancing/Clothes: wat
adam2046
It's the "swing your arms around like you got no bones while occasionally moving your legs in some manner possibly including a small hop" dance!
Everyone join in!

Somewhat impressive execution, retarded dance.
Seibei4211
I like how the comments in that mainstream Tecktonik video are filled with "TECKTONIC FOREVER" and a county and "United States" is the only one that's marked as spam in the first several identical comments. And one Mexico is spammed, but not the other.
Ephemeral
The English in me can't help but laugh at your predicament.

8-)
Galkan
"Standard" dancing was boring so frenchy ladies invented new 'cool' way to be trendy ;f
Even with this, that "music" is still retarded. Do french metal ever exist?
Powerdrone
I lol'd how you lead us in as if you liked this style, and then told us you needed a new town. I lol'd, you clever joker you.

Move to Fucking, Austria.