forum

Gorillaz - Dirty Harry

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 19 August 2010 at 19:02:38

Artist: Gorillaz
Title: Dirty Harry
Tags: Agent Spin Here
BPM: 96.19
Filesize: 17451kb
Play Time: 03:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.61 stars, 148 notes)
  2. Hard (4.9 stars, 372 notes)
  3. Normal (4.33 stars, 291 notes)
Download: Gorillaz - Dirty Harry
Download: Gorillaz - Dirty Harry (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I something a something to something my something something something

Collab with Agent Spin Here
L e M oN
Yay another Gorillaz song
This should be good :)
Mashley
Just one section.
96.19 bpm
81 offset
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Timing's fixed. The Storyboard will (hopefully) be done soon is done~
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Uploaded with a new storyboard and video. I did have a higher quality video but it was too big to upload :/

If someone has a better video that isn't as huge as mine was, that would be awesome~
Mashley
And now for something awesome. Remember to add my timing sections cos most of it is 2x and there's some kiai too.

Download: Gorillaz - Dirty Harry (RandomJibberish) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Thanks, it's awesome.
Ryohan
Gorillaz :D
Mashley
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Added~
Mashley
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Awesome. Moving to pending now~
aRiskOfRain
<3
jockeytiyan
Wow? I'm the first mod?

Just a quick mod, I can't see major things except for in Easy going a bit hard for newbies to read especially in ASH's part. But I don't wanna worry about that.

Normal:
02:47:065 - Intended that it has no break right. If not, please put one?

Hard:
02:14:346 (2,3,4) - Spacing's intended too?
02:46:158 - Same as Normal.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
I'm pretty sure that the lack of a break is intentional as I think it's short enough and makes a good tense moment of nothing but HP drain (Is it just me than finds those moments fun ? XD) but if ASH says otherwise I'll change it.

Idk about the spacing though.
Gens
General opinion on the map:

Well, the map is technically fine, but I think it can be improved. Combos in all difficulties generally felt a bit weird to me, though not in ASH's part (iirc).
[Easy]'s flow is really weird; it isn't good at all, imo. Maybe you could try snapping more to the background beats while keeping the beat still a bit on the lyrics.
[Normal] was a bit better, no real flaws I saw. The star rating is bothering me, though I think you can't do something about it. Really nice slider shapes.
[Hard] was lovely~ specially the 2x part by ASH. The lack of that break in ASH's part was a bit annoying though. Also the spinners felt awkward (maybe because I know the lyrics in the rap part and I just wanted to play them).
I really wish you mapped up to the final part, since it feels a bit awkward. it shouldn't be much anyway. :P

Second, I think offset is early. Try +~15, it sounds better to me. I got many "late" hits when testing.
Third, what's up with the SB? What's that weird lighting thing that pops out each finish? (I hope it doesn't involve video since I always download the novideo version when modding) I think the SBed names could look a bit better with some filters/effects. Right now it's just text with a black border and a simple gradient. I could try to do some but I think you're capable enough of adding something else to it. :P

And just another thing: don't you need to add Agent Spin Here to the tags?

I guess that's it. :)
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
the SB is a flare, it makes sense if you've seen the video. I'll change the background so there's some sky in it though so it makes some more sense, and maybe mess with the motion a little.

Looking into everything else too, thanks.
Eirene
[Hard] :
02:25:745 (3,4) - it's not an issue, but maybe move one/two squares down (I guess I'm not the only player who don't like objects under the scorebar). This won't change a lot the pattern ...

[Normal] :
01:17:131 (1,2) - huuu, you make me cry T.T, but I won't say anything because it's hard to change that.

well, I hate Gorillaz, but it's a good map STAR
Sallad4ever
Horayyy fo gorilaz 8-)

[General]
I agree the current BG is not very appealing (even though it fits the song) probably because of the low quality
I really wish you would mapped till the end

[Easy]
Kinda confusing to read, idk maybe because of the blue tick notes?

[Normal]
Nice n neat
00:55:611 (x) - add note here to follow music?
03:00:520 (2) - delete this?
03:04:730 (1) - I want to play this part
Combo mod
SPOILER
00:32:219 (5) - NC (new combo)
01:19:626 (6) - ^
01:31:789 (6) - ^
01:33:348 (1) - remove NC
[Insane]
This is AWESOME
My favorite diff
A 2x BPM warning would be nice, because of the break the 2x slider startled me and I broke my combo :cry:
How about following the music more closely in 01:32:101 (5,6,7) by moving them forward 1 tick, then delete 01:32:725 (1) ?
Combo mod
SPOILER
00:22:239 (5) - NC
00:27:229 (6) - ^
00:32:219 (7) - ^
00:37:210 (3) - ^?
01:24:616 (5) - NC
Cool map n epic collab
The video is interesting too ;)

Star~
NotShinta

RandomJibberish wrote:

I need a something, to keep my something something.
I need a gun, to keep myself from harm. I think. Tempting as it may be, do not kudosu this post.

Also starred
show more