forum

Static When Pausing Music in Editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
When I pause music in the editor, I hear popping static in the left channel. I've had this for awhile and just ignored it, but lately it's becoming extremely annoying, so I thought I'd report it as a bug.
peppy
Only while in the editor? what about if you turn the master volume down in options to 0 - do you still hear the sound?
Topic Starter
Puffles
Wow, this is strange.

With the master volume off, there's no static after pausing, but I sometimes hear popping when navigating the menus, and I even sometimes hear popping that's in sync with the beats!
peppy
Can you do me a favour and try LuigiHann's EliteBeatOsu skin? This uses wav files whereas the defaults are mp3s. Lets see if this helps at all..
Topic Starter
Puffles
It helps a LOT. So far, no static with the EliteBeatOsu skin. I've also gone back to the default skin and there's still static when I use that, so it's almost certainly the file format that's causing the problem.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

It helps a LOT. So far, no static with the EliteBeatOsu skin. I've also gone back to the default skin and there's still static when I use that, so it's almost certainly the file format that's causing the problem.
Okay. I'll look at changing all the mp3 sounds in the default skin to wav next public release - this should fix your problem :). With the new silence-finding code, this change is now possible (I had been putting it off because it would screw everyone's offsets by 30ms or so before now).

PM me if you'd like to test the testing release tomorrow after I make these changes.
peppy
Hmm, before I go ahead and make changes I'd like to know - has it gotten worse/more noticeable since the last public release? It does sound that way, in which case it could be related to my silence cutting code..
Topic Starter
Puffles
It seemed to have gotten better at one point, but I'm now making a new map and it's as bad as it ever was...
peppy
I'm looking at this one today, after finding two other people with the same problem.