forum

SoundTeMP - Believe in myself

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cursed Moon_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 at 8:08:01 PM

Artist: SoundTeMP
Title: Believe in myself
Source: Ragnarok Online
Tags: Ragnarok Online SoundTeMP
BPM: 83
Filesize: 1765kb
Play Time: 02:06
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1 stars, 90 notes)
  2. Hard (4.68 stars, 213 notes)
  3. Normal (2.64 stars, 119 notes)
Download: SoundTeMP - Believe in myself
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is the first beatmap I ever made...
It's from the MMORPG "Ragnarok Online"

It might be a crappy beatmap >_< [well.. the song/bgm/music/whatever I used is nice XD]

18th Feb 2010 - Added Hard difficulty, Made slight changes to Easy
20th Feb 2010 - Added Normalish difficulty
21st Feb 2010 - [Thanks to NoHItter] Changes to all difficulties (BPM: 83, Offset: 116,00 for Hard and 110,860 for Others) and more changes.
21st Feb 2010 (again) - [Thanks to NoHItter] Offset set to 110,860, changed spacing.
3rd March 2010 - Added lots of err.. beats? to Hard.. hopefully not too repeatative..
NoHitter
Let's get started with the BPM/Offset

Try using this:
BPM: 83 Offset: 11600

Then resnap notes. (Timing->Resnap All Notes)

After than go PM me.
NoHitter
General
All offsets on each difficulty must be the same. So change the one in Hard or the one in Easy and Normal

Set a preview point for each diff. They all must be the same. (Timing>Set Current Position as Preview)

Make sure the spacing for each difficulty is constant. Follow distance snap. Then recheck with AImod (Ctrl+Shift+A)

Also it would be better if you didn't put wide spaces between the notes. Add a slider or notes between them to fill the space.
Topic Starter
Cursed Moon_old
Did all that.. tried to..

Thank you o.o
NoHitter
Don't kudosu this:

The problem is that the difficulties are very repetitive. You used the same notes and beats on many parts of the song.
Try some variety.
Topic Starter
Cursed Moon_old
Okay :S

I'll try to fix that... I am not sure whether I can do it (Or how long I'll take)..
Maybe it would be easier if I start from scratch XD
jockeytiyan

Cursed Moon wrote:

Okay :S

I'll try to fix that... I am not sure whether I can do it (Or how long I'll take)..
Maybe it would be easier if I start from scratch XD
I'd really recommend playing some good maps. Learn from how they are mapped, and learn from their styles. From that, create your own style of mapping.
Also, mapping really takes time, and to hone your skills, it'll take forever. So yeah, don't be afraid to take your time. Start from nowhere because you can't fill a hole when it's already stuffed, don't you think? ^^

Just some heads-up: These kind of posts don't constitute kudosu'ing. Only kudosu posts if and only if it really helps the map itself. ^^
Topic Starter
Cursed Moon_old
Thank you..

I suck at this game though..I can only play 'Catch The Beat'.. not like I am good at that.. (well.. I suck at everything, but that's not what I am talking about now)

I made changes in Hard..

I am kinda out of ideas >_<

Maybe creating beatmaps isn't my thing either (like everything else) :|
NoHitter
You can maybe gets some ideas on how to map with varied patterns here : viewforum.php?f=61
YellowerYoshi
Ooo! SoundTeMP! <3

It's hard for me to really pinpoint any specific mods on the map for the time being, but I would suggest that you try to add a bit of variety to the section starting at 00:50:257 in Easy. It's incredibly boring and long to just hit a series of single beats. You can definitely add a bit of something to add variety and not difficulty. You can try slider art (sliders shaped to look like pictures of things, see Yoko Shimomura - Xion for examples of slider art. I think adding in some thing slike these can add a bit more variety to the long calm section that's having trouble.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.