forum

Pixel - Moonsong

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XutaWoo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, March 31, 2008 at 11:07:55 AM

Artist: Pixel
Title: Moonsong
BPM: 124.97
Filesize: 1387kb
Play Time: 01:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.05 stars, 111 notes)
Download: Pixel - Moonsong
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I figured this "stats blah blah" thing out. Anyway, this is the theme to the Outer Wall in Cave Story.
awp
yay another one that's almost perfect from the getgo.

Here are the things I'm going to complain about:

Beat-spacing tends to be very inconsistent. Your first combo has the same beat but a different spacing pattern than your second combo, and within combo 1 the notes are equally time-spaced but inequally distance-spaced. Combo#2 is an example of consistent beatspacing, but combo one's a bit on the iffy side, especially when going from 2 to 3. If necessary, consult the FAQ on beat-spacing etiquette.

Your slider lengths seem to be off. Those that follow the tap, tap, tap, slider pattern are all 3/4 beats, but if you ask me, it sounds a lot better stretching them to a whole beat.

47:41 - the beat here should be on 47:53.

Last but not least is a personal gripe - the song is only 1:25 long but there are 3 breaks in it. Come on man, I wanna play some more ;(

I give you a platinum star. Even though this is in Beatmap Help.
Tapdancingmetroid

awp wrote:

Last but not least is a personal gripe - the song is only 1:25 long but there are 3 breaks in it. Come on man, I wanna play some more ;(
I agree. If you want to, you can use the really great (and longer) remix of the song found at ocremix
Topic Starter
XutaWoo
I updated so that there's no breaks, (therefore, more gameplay) fixed spacing, and fixed the timing for that one note.
awp

XutaWoo wrote:

I updated so that there's no breaks, (therefore, more gameplay) fixed spacing, and fixed the timing for that one note.
The one at 54:37 is a quarter-beat early =| as are the three. The one at 57:73 is coming in a quarter-beat late.
1:04:33 - beatspacing here is pretty tricky. The notes that are a whole-beat away should be spaced farther apart than the half-beats.
The (black) three-hit combo starting at 1:12:37 sounds off to me. I'm hearing 1:12:25, 1:12:49, 1:12:73
1:16:81 The ending here feels very anti-climactic. The 8-hit combo right before this is very nice, but the follow-up seems kind of weak. I'd advise either calling it a day, or place a spinner from 1:16:81 to 1:22:57 (I personally prefer the spinner idea)

Also in the Hit,hit,hit,slider combos, your sliders are 3/4 of a beat. That is driving me nuts D= I think they sound a lot better as whole-beats.

Solid beatmap otherwise.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.