forum

Irisu Syndrome

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pokebis
A new build of this extremely addictive physics puzzle game recently got released.

Irisu Syndrome is a freeware Windows physics puzzler that not only comes with a fun game with addictive gameplay (a really good game to go for the high score with!;) it also has a compelling story that's compelling enough that you keep scoring extra points just to see more of the story!! It also contains a cute loli-bunny-witch girl, which I know all of you will love! She's pretty cute~ The music is also pretty good.
You click the blocks to move them around and make them hit block of the same color. You can also insert little white square blocks.

Also there's a sad cat in the background, but I don't know why.
You can download the author's latest build at: http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/game/se463417.html
Yes, this is in Japanese, you need East Asian Fonts installed to run it!
I also recommend running it under applocale or change your unicode to Japanese (applocale preferable) for the best results.

Let's see if you guys can top my high score!
Randy96
downloading now :D

not understanding this game
Neo@lex
Brief explanation:
Shapes fall down from the top of the screen.
At the side, there's an HP bar, this goes down every time a shape "settles" (goes slightly darker, happens about 2 seconds after the first bounce, or instantly if the shape stops on the ground). You lose when it goes below 0.
Left click fires a weak square, right click fires a strong one. Use this to manipulate the shapes.
When one of your squares touches a shape, it'll become affected by gravity, and so will any other shapes it touches.
If a shape falls on another shape of the same color, both will disappear, and you'll get a few points.
Touch two unsettled shapes of the same color in the air, and they'll start glowing. If they touch more of the same color, they'll make them glow too, and if they touch a settled shape they disappear, giving you a bunch of points. Try to combo as much as possible.
The HP bar starts off almost empty. When you get some points, the bar will fill up a bit.
Space speeds everything up.

The game kinda follows a story, so keep spoilers spoiler'd.

Irisu Kyouko is the best loli ever.
Ph0X
Yea tbh, seems a little to complicated for no reasons. Seems like they decided to make it all weird and complex to make it seem like more gameplay hours, but it just makes it less attractive to me.
Ephemeral
Has the most.. something storyline I have ever seen in any sort of literature ever.

It's certainly unique. I'll give it that.
Nachy
Oooo I remember playing this way back in 2008, I like it on how it uses elements from your computer as well to progress the story, makes it kind of more immersive, note for new players, remember to view photo.png while unlocking scenes, it changes mostly according to your points. I don't want to spoil anything here but I fully recommend it to any puzzle fans who likes a unique story.

The newest build seem to make a new Metsu mode unlockable for players who achieved 40k points.
you can also unlock it by pressing up up up up right right down at the title screen.

First, this game has two story routes, and the ending will only show after you've completed the photo album (all 5 pictures). The condition for the routes:
A. Score above 10k and below 20k
B. Score above 20k, ending divided to three stages:
i. Score > 20k
ii. Score > 50k
iii. Score > 100k

After obtaining each picture, a text file (memo) will appear in the game folder explaining the things they are doing at the camp. Each ending for route B also spawns memo that explains the background of the story, and what happens after-wards. If you've entered route B, then on the title screen if you wait long enough (or hold spacebar for some time) the background changes to a piece of story about Irisu's past.

Well I'm gonna stop there for now, but anyone can ask me if they want to find out more about the story and I'll just spoiler everything up while explaining it.