forum

If you vote 10 on a map and it's not in your favorites

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
You're a retard. Stop overinflating star rankings.

Of course anyone who reads this post probably isn't among the people voting 10 on everything.
Mukku
I vote 10 on nice things

I want to vote 1 on almost all the anime songs but I usually won't vote at all
Lybydose
I don't vote on anything, except in extremely rare cases.
Shohei Ohtani
I only rate if I see something has a really low rating. Then I rate it a 1.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Mukku wrote:

I vote 10 on nice things

I want to vote 1 on almost all the anime songs but I usually won't vote at all
So basically you're telling me your evaluation skills are only capable of voting 10 which is good and 1 which is bad.
Mukku
So what the fuck?

You rate based on the maps rating of that time? Thats retarded if something is.

@luke no. I vote 10 on nice things. I vote 5-9 on other stuff
Lybydose
I'd also like to add that I haven't even voted on most of the maps in my favorites.
Real1
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy
I honestly agree with this. Not every map deserves a 10, and I reserve 10 ratings for maps I throw into my favourites. Hell, some of my favourites, I only rated maybe an 8 or 9, too, considering the fact that while I love it, it's not perfect.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
I hardly ever vote 10 on anything - in fact, my voting system is pretty strange. All maps have a 10 at the start, but as I play them I deduct points for things I dislike or add points for things I like. For example, having less than 4 difficulties made by the map's author means -1 point (a bit nazi, I know, and yes I know not everyone has all time in the world but damn things having four difficulties is a rule of the universe), being too boring, having a broken rhythm or annoying hitcircle placement/overall inconsistency are more -1 and etc; having an awesome storyboard usually means +1 (or more if they're really awesome, like in Don't Stop Me Now) and so on. But who cares about how I vote on stuff.
Sometimes become a normal person and vote as I should based on the amount of fun I had and the amount of flaws I noticed, but that takes too long to analyze. I guess.

I find these people who give 10 to all maps and to stuff I dislike really silly, but well... this is how the world works - opinions and opinions.
anonymous_old
Average given rating on profile? =D?
Randy96

strager wrote:

oh I'm screwed
GladiOol

strager wrote:

O yes please, I'll have like 5-7 or so I think xD
I'm a bad-ass with ratings.

I voted 1 on maps which I missed like one of the last notes because of some ugly pattern which comes out of no where, even though the map is just fine or even good. I also vote 10's in very rare cases (like Don't Stop Me Now and Dutch player maps~) and usually I vote 8's or 7's.
SilentWings_old
I vote 1s to help deflate the overinflated maps.

I'm a true hero.

(I do vote 10-8 on the maps I really like though)
An64fan
Usually I vote 7s or 8s. Maps have to be exceptional to get 9s. I almost never give 10s. To earn a 10 from me, the flow and play of the map has to be flawless. So me voting 10 is an unusual occurrence.

I don't vote on every map though. There are tons of maps that I should vote on, but never do. I usually want to play as many maps in a set as I can before voting on it. But by that time, I've either hit a difficulty I can't beat, rush through the ranking screen, or just plain forget at the time, and then really don't want to go play through the map again just to vote on it.
MegaManEXE
I vote 10 or 1.

Nothing else.
Glass
10-8 if I like both the map and song, 1 if it's some vocaloid junk
Mismagius
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12842

lalalalala

i vote in extremely rarecases. but if i find the map a junk, i vote it 6. :P
Vanmonky
I always vote 10-8 for every map, even if I hate the map.
Jinxy
I use 10 if I enjoyed the map and it had a good flow. Unfortunately I don't have that many favorite slots.
9 if there was a small thing that felt off.
4 if something tripped me up.
1 if I think the map was trippy AND overvoted
show more