forum

403 Forbidden - Southern Cross

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
skinder
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 4 апреля 2010 г. at 18:14:14

Artist: 403
Title: Southern Cross
Tags: southern cross 403
BPM: 85,52
Filesize: 4657kb
Play Time: 03:38
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4,86 stars, 512 notes)
  2. Normal (4,17 stars, 265 notes)
  3. Tag (5 stars, 197 notes)
Download: 403 - Southern Cross
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
~~~
Clashway
I don't have anything helpful I could comment on. My modding skills are weak. I do enjoy the way this is turning out though. Hard is alright so far. I dunno about Insane since I am nowhere near good enough to get through it, but I just wanted to say it all looks pretty promising so far. Keep at it!
Shandro
oh... I like this map))
alvisto
I am not so sure about timing, but your timing is definitely off. Try this.

BPM - 85.58
offset - 213ms

Remember to resnap after using this new timing.

NORMAL
This is not a Normal for sure, I suggest changing it to Hard.
00:14:193 (1) - Hrmm... I am not sure about this slider, since usually sliders with unknown direction are not allowed. But I suggest you still keep it until a MAT/BAT says you can't.
01:49:399 (1) - NO, a big NO ! There shouldn't be a slider hidden under a slider, BAT will sure won't approve this.

INSANE
This whole difficulty is a mess in terms of timing, I am sorry I am so blunt. xD
- 1st thing 1st, change beat snap divisor to 1/4
- 2nd, delete those timing sections with 255.25 bpm, you won't need those. (Unless you can tell me the reason you use 255.25 bpm at 00:25:009 in this difficulty but not in Normal) Anyway, delete it.
- Resnap all the notes. ( Go to Timing (just below the window) -> Resnap all notes (red fonts) )
- Notes usually don't fall on blue tick unless it's necessary or streams.

Mapping wise, this is quite ok for a 1st map. I like your usage of hitsounds, where you know when to use soft and when to use normal.

Oh yea, remember to make at least 1 difficulty with 3.5 stars and below. It is a must.

No star for now, after you fix timing, forum PM me back for a re-mod and star~ :3
Garven
Just some general tips:

Double the bpm you have now. This is a rock song, thus in 4/4 time. Having the beat that slow will easily force you into 1/8 timing for harder difficulties.

For your easier difficulties, use beat snap for pretty much every note. People frown upon jumps in easier/normal modes, and sparingly in hard as long as the music merits the jump.

Make sure the distance snap is enough so that circles don't cover each other up too much when placed on white ticks.

Keep slider velocity low for easier difficulties, raise it for harder ones.

Sliders that cover themselves up are illegal and will prevent your map from being ranked (Normal's 00:14:193 is a prime example).

Good luck!
Card N'FoRcE
Timing help for you.

I got a few sections. You should seriously use the two main sections. I'm also suggesting some inherited sections for a cool mapping;
red = important, you have to use it; green = optional, but you should use it

MAIN: BPM: 85,500; offset: 175

- INHERIT: 2x; Offset: 25438 (If you don't want to use this one, please use 171,000 BPM for the first section)

MAIN: BPM: 171,22; offset: 85788

- INHERIT: 0,5x; Offset: 136249

- INHERIT: 1x; Offset: 158676.

Good luck. Feel free to ask me for a check when you refix the whole map ^^