forum

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, March 05, 2010 at 9:35:17 PM

Artist: Linkin Park
Title: One Step Closer
BPM: 190.15
Filesize: 2488kb
Play Time: 02:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.95 stars, 291 notes)
  2. Normal (3.81 stars, 173 notes)
Download: Linkin Park - One Step Closer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'll just leave this here. :P

-Normal added.
YellowerYoshi
Ahh, Linkin Park. Brings back memories. Have a mod and some stars!

00:37:818 (6) Seems somewhat unfair to hide it here behind the slider but others would probably say it's fine. Not really an outright suggestion, just something to keep in mind if anyone else mentions it.

01:36:667 (3,4,5,6,7) Seems like a bit of a ninja since the order is somewhat flip-flopped in regards to the position of the 2. Again, others may not see a problem with it so just keep it in mind.

Other than that, it looks pretty well-made to me. The slider at the end is really awesome since you manipulated it to time the ticks to the song. Really awesome use of a slider.

Star for you!
Chompey
Hello, I'll be modding this one since I personally like Linkin Park. Anyways it'll be short and simple (It's just suggestions at most anyways):

~General~

I'd think it'd be nice if some storyboarding was done. I'm a storyboard nut, and usually I don't tend to like songs when it doesn't include any type of SB, even if it is a good song like One Step Closer. That's just how I am though lol.

Also I noticed you overuse Kiai time a bit. Combined together, it's used in over 1/3 of the entire song including the break. I'm not sure how other people feel about it, but I think its being overused considering I'm always seeing it at the main chorus.

~Normal~

01:14:263 - Personally I think the slider is more in-tune with the song if you move the slider end from 01:14:263 to 01:13:948

Other than that, I enjoyed the diff., especially with that pro slider at the end.

~Hard~

I honestly have no problems with hard, everything sounds right and feels right, including that pro slider at the end again.

So in general, I think the hitcircle design of the beatmap and the hitsounds used are very appropriate, I just wish to see some some SBing done and not so much Kiai time. And with that I leave you a star!