forum

Canary Club - Rainy (Struck By The Rain)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, March 05, 2010 at 12:02:36 AM

Artist: Canary Club
Title: Rainy (Struck by the Rain)
Source: Rhythm Tengoku Gold
Tags: Karate Man
BPM: 128
Filesize: 14427kb
Play Time: 02:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cool (4.11 stars, 169 notes)
  2. Heat (4.91 stars, 366 notes)
Download: Canary Club - Rainy (Struck by the Rain)
Download: Canary Club - Rainy (Struck by the Rain) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The song in Rhythm Tengoku Gold's Karate Man section. The video used here is made by AquaBunny.

Do not skip after each play for a simple storyboarded ending that references Rhythm Tengoku's rating endings!
gp0_old
Topic Starter
vytalibus

greenpoint0 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LdIKJ3gw4
Followed the second and last suggestion. Thanks for the mod.
Dusty
The sliderticks sound really strange near the beginning because they go off-beat, maybe custom-sound silence them? And I think that the hitsounds are loud, maybe lower their volume a little?

[Cool]
00:07:032 (1) - maybe symmetrical? Or not, it could seem strange. But it seems strange to me right now already, well, whatever.
02:04:571 (1,2,3) - Maybe unstack these (and make a symmetrical triangle surrounding the center)? It seems anticlimactic

[Heat]
00:12:891 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this confused me, partly because (3,4) get covered up a little bit by the purple slider, and a little bit because (1,2) are 1/4 beat apart while (3,4) are 1/2 beat apart, so I couldn't tell what the pattern was until I went into editor.
01:50:391 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^ These patterns don't seem to be in the music, either, which doesn't help :<
02:04:571 (1,2,3) - same as Cool?
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Dusty wrote:

The sliderticks sound really strange near the beginning because they go off-beat, maybe custom-sound silence them? And I think that the hitsounds are loud, maybe lower their volume a little? Changed the patterns and reverted the slider tick rate to remove the horrible-sounding ticks.

[Cool]
00:07:032 (1) - maybe symmetrical? Or not, it could seem strange. But it seems strange to me right now already, well, whatever. Not going for symmetry here.
02:04:571 (1,2,3) - Maybe unstack these (and make a symmetrical triangle surrounding the center)? It seems anticlimactic They're there to emphasize the raindrop on the video. There's nothing much to do here, anyways.

[Heat]
00:12:891 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this confused me, partly because (3,4) get covered up a little bit by the purple slider, and a little bit because (1,2) are 1/4 beat apart while (3,4) are 1/2 beat apart, so I couldn't tell what the pattern was until I went into editor. Moved (2,3) away from slider.
01:50:391 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^ These patterns don't seem to be in the music, either, which doesn't help :< Sure they do. I played a bit with the hitsounds to incorporate some of my own beats, which is probably already playing with the music itself. More of a personal thing.
02:04:571 (1,2,3) - same as Cool? See comment on same time in Cool.
Thanks to the first comment, I've also made both difficulties Taiko-friendly. Thanks for the mod.
Lokamp
Cool
02:04:571 (1,2,3) - move them on the center of the screen and let the previous spinner end a timing tick early.

Heat
[General] Too much 12+ combo series... you had better to shrink some of them.
00:46:524 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - find a more original spacing, please. (plus, new combo on 5th)

Another well-made composition starred. Now let's play some Rhythm Tengoku :3
Gens
cool

I'd totally proto-bubble this if it had more than 7SP ;__;
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Lokamp wrote:

Cool
02:04:571 (1,2,3) - move them on the center of the screen and let the previous spinner end a timing tick early. After a thorough check with this part, I actually the spinner end a tick later. Did not do anything to the three notes, as I don't want them to sit boringly at dead center. Still, I should probably thank you for letting me notice the spinner.

Heat
[General] Too much 12+ combo series... you had better to shrink some of them. Shortened some of the longer combo chain.
00:46:524 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - find a more original spacing, please. (plus, new combo on 5th) Changed the pattern.

Another well-made composition starred. Now let's play some Rhythm Tengoku :3
rust45
Maybe add "Heaven" to the tags?

[Cool]
00:07:032 (1) - This is rather short for the easiest diff IMO. I really don't think most noobs will be able to pull this off first try.
00:14:649 (1) - Place 1/4 back.
00:22:032 (1) - Another iffy spinner.
00:53:673 - This break spans for nearly 20 seconds, I don't see why it needs to be this long. (Keep in mind some people don't play with video in case that is the reason)
01:10:782 (1) - Another iffy spinner.
01:52:149 (1) - Place 1/4 back
01:59:532 (1) - Once again, may be too short for noobs.

[Heat]
Fun, but the small circles aren't my cup of tea, but it's fine the way it is.

Have a star for one of my favorite songs and games off of Rhythm Heaven. And don't forget the good maps.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

rust45 wrote:

Maybe add "Heaven" to the tags?

[Cool]
00:07:032 (1) - This is rather short for the easiest diff IMO. I really don't think most noobs will be able to pull this off first try. Fixed.
00:14:649 (1) - Place 1/4 back. No. I made the previous notes sync with the 1/1 ticks for a reason, and placing this back will only confuse most newbies.
00:22:032 (1) - Another iffy spinner. Unlike the other spinners, this one merits the short duration. It's reasonable in my opinion.
00:53:673 - This break spans for nearly 20 seconds, I don't see why it needs to be this long. (Keep in mind some people don't play with video in case that is the reason) This map has a semi-progressive way of increasing difficulty. This break prepares the players for the chorus.
01:10:782 (1) - Another iffy spinner. Same with 00:22:032.
01:52:149 (1) - Place 1/4 back Same with 00:14:649.
01:59:532 (1) - Once again, may be too short for noobs. Fixed.

[Heat]
Fun, but the small circles aren't my cup of tea, but it's fine the way it is.

Have a star for one of my favorite songs and games off of Rhythm Heaven. And don't forget the good maps.
Derekku
[General]
Offset: Seems to be spot-on!
SB: Cute :3

[Cool]
As a Normalish difficulty, I see no problems, but I think that this is a little bit too hard to be the easiest difficulty.

[Heat]
Fun :3

I'd pubble this right now, but I really think that it could use an easier diff. That, or give Cool larger circles, and fix some of the blue tick notes (as they would be very unpredictable and hard to 300 for newer players).
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Derekku Chan wrote:

[General]
Offset: Seems to be spot-on!
SB: Cute :3

[Cool]
As a Normalish difficulty, I see no problems, but I think that this is a little bit too hard to be the easiest difficulty. Already talked about this in IRC, but to clarify for those who weren't there: I tried compensating for the 1/4 notes by adding patterns that would easily lead the 1/4 notes. Lowered the difficulty settings, nonetheless.

[Heat]
Fun :3

I'd pubble this right now, but I really think that it could use an easier diff. That, or give Cool larger circles, and fix some of the blue tick notes (as they would be very unpredictable and hard to 300 for newer players).
Derekku
I'm happier now~

Pubbled~
Natteke
;_;
Takuma
yo.
ztrot
ranked
orioncomet
T.T

Frog
Yeah i'm getting the same error.
NaomiMinette
Cute song, even cuter video :D
SPOILER
For those that don't know what those two are in the vid, those are anthro Pokemon.
sora736
http://aquabunny.creativeworlds.net/med ... e_rain.swf
maybe if someone can do one on the right side im not a rally good modder :(