forum

Idea for a big collaboration... (Does this go here?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
So yeah, I had an idea for a big little thing that could take place here.
"What is it?" You may ask. Well...
It's a collaboration, to make what is practically Elite Beat Agents 2/Ouendan 3.
Basically, a group of people all chip in, and eventually make a big song list, that starts with the first song, and eventually ends with the final two songs!
This is really hard to explain, but basically, a collaboration, to practically make, Elite Beat Agents 2! Or Ouendan 3.
Questions?
[deleted user]
If i'm understanding correctly, you meen another game?
That would be cool but... isn't there already a huge amount of bitmaps?
Sorry. Really new to this :X
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
You kinda got it.
I mean, when it's finished, there could be a topic with all the levels.
It would have storyboards and stuff.
awp
This has been planned since January. What we need is a collection of dedicated project developers, and some legal musix

I sent a preliminary script idea over to LuigiHann just the other day, actually.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

Iron Man by Black Sabbath as the second to last, and Free Bird by Lnyrd Sknyrd (Spelling?) for the last song.

awp wrote:

legal musix
:D
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I knew it. My ideas are always good.
The story is that there's a robot, and it's gone insane. So it starts destroying cities... The Elite Beat Agents and the rival group arrive and dance to Iron Man, then the rival group or the main EBA get crushed, everyone brings them back, and they both dance to Free Bird in an attempt to calm the robot.
awp

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

The story is that there's a robot, and it's gone insane.
hahahahahaha the script I wrote involves a very similar idea
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Hoover dam! I can tell the future!
What's the idea in the script? And what will the songs be?
awp

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

What's the idea in the script?
SUPER TOP SECRET got that Luigi no spoilers~ not even peppy knows what we're scheming~

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

And what will the songs be?
No idea yet.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Are my song ideas candidates?
Because if I manage to get it up at some point, then I could be part of the project, doin' some of them!
Well... Can I, if I manage to get Osu up?
awp

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

Are my song ideas candidates?
If you can get the legal rights to use Iron Man in osu! I say we use it! Not as keen on Freebird; it wouldn't work as well.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Hm...
How would I get legal rights? And why would I need them?
Nobody else does...
awp
The "Story Mode" is something we'd like to see bundled with future downloads of osu!, or at least download-able from within the osu! client. As such, we need the legal rights to the content in order to include it as an official part of osu!.

The beatmaps you see are separate from the osu! client and are not an official part of it...kind of like dodging copyright laws.

Yes, we could make an entire one-player mode using illegal songs, but I myself would rather not go the whole ten yards unless it was something we could completely call our own.
[deleted user]
I think it should involve a small bunny
the first song you play is the sound of a carrot being eaten and then regurgitated. The bunny would find a carrot, eat, regurgitate, repeat. Afterwards you would play songs similar to famous songs. I.E. "Steel Man" and "Caged Bird". Mm. Yes. A fine game indeed.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
awp: Oh! I understand now. I don't know how to get legal rights though.
Omen: That's hilarious.
[deleted user]

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

awp: Oh! I understand now. I don't know how to get legal rights though.
Omen: That's hilarious.
don't take that tone with me young man >:|
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.