forum

Ai - Believe

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mattyu007
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on August-20-08 at 1:16:50 AM

Artist: Ai
Title: Believe
BPM: 130
Filesize: 4166kb
Play Time: 03:50
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.26 stars, 165 notes)
  2. Normal (2.22 stars, 199 notes)
  3. Hard (3.53 stars, 245 notes)
  4. Insane (4.75 stars, 245 notes)
Download: Ai - Believe
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Uhhh, work in progress! Need help with the slider that boomerangs back a few times (in the chorus at 1:18).

EDIT (2008-04-14 6:57 PM EST): Fixed the slider, added some more beats and a new timing section

EDIT (2008-04-22 11:00 PM EST): Added big long break instead of big long no-beat-ed-ness.....^^ It also fixed the strangely low star rating....It's still pretty low -_-"

EDIT (2008-04-28 11:51 PM EST): Well, Added a few more sound sections at the end, i still have yet to finish beatmapping the middle section.. T_T Too much schoolwork ><" (and too much rank-upping ^^) I'm not giving up on this beatmap tho ^__^

EDIT (2008-05-01 10:48 PM EST): Wow, I feel so accomplished! XD Finished Insane and Hard difficulties. I know, I know, the final slider looks lop-sided....Maybe I'll try re-making that big bezier (yes, I used bezier for that!) figure 8.

EDIT (2008-05-10 5:34 PM EST): Meh, Added half of normal, and added a little bit of easy (just a placholder for you people who are too lazy to actually re-download the osz). Fixed the figure 8 - hope it looks better XD

EDIT (2008-05-25 5:50 PM EST): Added background, make normal *slightly* harder...I'll add the custom sounds later when I finish mapping this....

EDIT (2008-08-20 12:31 AM EST): YESSS REVIVED =D Finished mapping all 4 difficulties, Hard and Insane beats are placed to be more authenticaly-styled (spelling error? o_o). There are probably some spacing issues here and there but they're probably very minor :P There are actually a few problems with sliders on Hard & Insane. There are sliders in the chorus (like this one 02:36:01 (1) ) that are shorter than they should be but using the 1/3 beat snap divisor with that slider didn't work out so well...u,u Also, I'll probably be *trying to* put together a custom sampleset for this beatmap like I did with Over The Distance, so I'm submitting to WIP for now...

EDIT (2008-08-20 1:00 AM EST): OOPS Added breaks back in >,< Also fiddled with difficulty settings a little for Easy, Normal and Hard
James
Wow nice song.

Here. Take this along with your journey.

Download: Ai - Believe (mattyu007) [Insane].osu
MaxwellDemon
Hmmm...

I think the offset sounds better at 944?
For your other offsets, adjust or just simply hit the "inherit previous timing" bit... since you are just applying the hit sounds. :D
mydoctor93
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mattyu007

mydoctor93 wrote:

Nice beatmap, and based on an official one too it also has very good rhythm
I should get around to finishing this sometime...
Chronoman
Not bad at all, but a few things.
I tried it without all the timing sections other than the first (the one it starts off on) and last you added in, and the song sounded perfectly fine. I also tried fiddling with the slider that you had trouble with on 1/3 beat snap; you just need to have the slider hit an end on every other snap (after removing all of the (IMO) unnecessary timing sections).
I'm new to modding, but I think you ought to try these and see what happens. Also, off topic, but if you could tell me how exactly to add Kiai Time into a beatmap, I'd be gratful.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.