forum

God of War

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
I just picked this up today while waiting for my haircut appointment. 20 bucks actually seemed to be less effort than downloading the game (my torrent was either dead or slow as sin) and in the end, it was worth it. The game feels a lot like both Devil May Cry and Heavenly Sword, thick with action, and so far (maybe 30 minutes after getting Medusa's power) the only "gay" thing I've encountered is pushing that box when the archers are shooting at you, but that was a 2-minute task and the rest of the game has been thoroughly enjoyable so far.

And it's so deliciously violent.

The next time a company has the balls to say "buy our game and if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund" I'm going to take their word for it and assume the game is fantastic.
James
PSP? PS3?
Topic Starter
awp
PS2

Got to another gay part but it was only really gay because I was making the puzzle out MUCH HARDER than it should have been.
Cecilthemos
I would get this, it just doesn't look challenging enough since it's hack and slash. Also because they mispronounce "Kratos" (at least compared to ToS Kratos)
Topic Starter
awp
idk I've already died a few times and I'm only playing on Normal. Plus, I've got the DMC series under my belt.

Hack and Slashes are games in the vein of Gauntlet Legends, Diablo 2, and Champions of Norrath. This fits more into the action game category. I haven't tried the later difficulties but oftentimes you can't afford to fuck around.
Topic Starter
awp
This game continues to impress and delight and is still a butt-load of awesome and has actually gotten rather difficult now !!! even though I'm only on normal !!!

I don't care for the occasional enemy blocking in the middle of a combo but apart from that this game seems pretty lacking in the "lame" department. Manliest game I've ever played.