forum

Thomas Newman - Define Dancing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mr Gaddy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 19 marca 2010 at 08:13:20

Artist: Thomas Newman
Title: Define Dancing
Source: WALL-E
Tags: Ost Movie Pixar Soundtrack Beuchi-chan
BPM: 99
Filesize: 2337kb
Play Time: 02:14
Difficulties Available:
  1. Beuchi's Waltz (4,38 stars, 253 notes)
  2. Hard (4,35 stars, 229 notes)
  3. Normal (1,86 stars, 87 notes)
Download: Thomas Newman - Define Dancing
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Another song from movie "Wall-E" <my favourite animated movie atm> :D
I fail at making Easy difficultys. D:

Mod changelog :o
15.03.2010 Update 1 : Matusiek3's suggestions, added warning on Hard
16.03.2010 Update 2 : NoHItter's, Matma_Rex's and xxheroxx's suggestions
17.03.2010 Update 3 : samipale's suggestions
18.03.2010 Update 4 : Pubbled by ignorethis, ignorethis, James2250's and Leorda's suggestions, added Beuchi-chan's awesome difficulty (thank you :D)
matusiek3
Starred
I'll mod it now :)

EDIT : Irc modding :3
aRiskOfRain
Blagh, I can't find anything wrong.
RandomJibberish
Waaaaaalll-EEEEEEE.....

Easy:
Flawless

Hard:
The speedup is ridiculous. Too faaaaassst, and there's nothing that changes in the music. I'd remove it, but it's up to you.
00:58:371 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is really hard to read which are the beats and which are the sliders. Maybe it's just me though.

Great map. Star'd~
Diasios
[General]

• • Offset: 180 (resnap all notes)
    • You should make another diff
[Hard]

• • 00:47:462 (1) - 6 squares down (grid level 3).
    • 00:49:280 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Flip horizontally
NoHitter
Overall
Delete the .osb file and full submit.

Easy+
00:32:892 (1) - The whistle sounds out of place in this part. Changing it to soft-finish would be better IMO.
01:41:983 (1) - Finish instead of clap?

Hard
01:008:977 (1) - The clap here feels sudden.

This mapset is awesome. Though I don't like the sudden changes to normal soundset.
Topic Starter
Mr Gaddy

NoHItter wrote:

Overall
Delete the .osb file and full submit. Done.

Easy+
00:32:892 (1) - The whistle sounds out of place in this part. Changing it to soft-finish would be better IMO. Done, soft-finish fits better there D:
01:41:983 (1) - Finish instead of clap? Done.

Hard
01:008:977 (1) - The clap here feels sudden. Changed to normal hit.

This mapset is awesome. Though I don't like the sudden changes to normal soundset. Thanks :D

xxheroxx wrote:

[General]

• • Offset: 180 (resnap all notes) Done (in Easy+).
    • You should make another diff I'll try to, but i don't want to promise D:
[Hard]

• • 00:47:462 (1) - 6 squares down (grid level 3). Done.
    • 00:49:280 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Flip horizontally[/color] Done.

RandomJibberish wrote:

Waaaaaalll-EEEEEEE.....

Easy:
Flawless Yay :D

Hard:
The speedup is ridiculous. Too faaaaassst, and there's nothing that changes in the music. I'd remove it, but it's up to you. I'll leave it for now, that was my very first idea for this beatmap D:
00:58:371 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is really hard to read which are the beats and which are the sliders. Maybe it's just me though. Well, it's hard, isn't it? D:

Great map. Star'd~ Thanks :D

DiamondCrash wrote:

Blagh, I can't find anything wrong. D: Thanks for star anyway!
Thanks for stars and for modding guys ;)
Matma Rex
Minor IRC modding.

Also star.
Fuuko
Fuuko's mod DEKIMASHITA! <33

General:

Silence slider roll.
Why a green colour combo? Remove it.
Hard:

Hitsounds are a bit too loud. Turn it down one or two ticks.

01:42:008 (1) - Silence the end of the spinner, it's weird ending it with a clap.
That's it, star for the efforts. :*

Kecco
Hi... I'm not able to mod this map, I don't know why... Sorry u.u

Anyway, star~
Topic Starter
Mr Gaddy

FuukoLover wrote:

General:

Silence slider roll. Silenced in Easy+ <soft sliders>, i'll keep normal sliders like they are atm D:
Why a green colour combo? Remove it. Removed.
Hard:

Hitsounds are a bit too loud. Turn it down one or two ticks. Done - 1 tick.

01:42:008 (1) - Silence the end of the spinner, it's weird ending it with a clap. Silenced whole spinner. D:
That's it, star for the efforts. :* Thanksalot =D

Kecco wrote:

Hi... I'm not able to mod this map, I don't know why... Sorry u.u

Anyway, star~ Thankya for star :p
SamiPale
As your request :3

[General]
Offset is not the same,fix it,plz
AudioLeadIn is 1493,IMO fix it to 1500 is perfect

[Easy+]
01:27:452 to 01:41:392 - look [Hard] :3

[Hard]
The Stack Leniency tick you choose is unrankable,at least increase one tick,plz~
00:08:977(4,5,6) - make a triangle?
00:49:886(2) - it's better to fix this spacing
01:27:462 to 01:41:402 - IMO sounds boring.Normal-Normal hitsound isn't fit the song,but use like 01:08:977(1,2) is nice.and the note rhythm sounds not so good for me...anyway,you can ignore what i said ,it's also rankable
02:07:462(1) - I heard this spinner end with no sound(and 02:14:735,too),but around these spinners the notes use loudly Normal hitsound,so IMO you should turn down the volume of those notes around the two spinner or make the two with hitsound

the hitsound volume jump a lot(for example,00:36:45),this is a soft music,IMO it's not good for using hitsound loudly...and about volume changing ,i think 1.5 ticks a time is enough

also good map, sorry about pointing out the things about hitsound the second time,star~
Topic Starter
Mr Gaddy

samipale wrote:

As your request :3

[General]
Offset is not the same,fix it,plz Done. I forgot to change it on Hard D:
AudioLeadIn is 1493,IMO fix it to 1500 is perfect Done.

[Easy+]
01:27:452 to 01:41:392 - look [Hard] :3 / Look down D:

[Hard]
The Stack Leniency tick you choose is unrankable,at least increase one tick,plz~ Done.
00:08:977(4,5,6) - make a triangle? Done.
00:49:886(2) - it's better to fix this spacing Changed spacing.
01:27:462 to 01:41:402 - IMO sounds boring.Normal-Normal hitsound isn't fit the song,but use like 01:08:977(1,2) is nice.and the note rhythm sounds not so good for me...anyway,you can ignore what i said ,it's also rankable I made it with Normal because this part of song uses a bit lower ummm "instruments" (if you know what i mean), i'll keep it for now - but if anyone will ask about it, i'll change it D:
02:07:462(1) - I heard this spinner end with no sound(and 02:14:735,too),but around these spinners the notes use loudly Normal hitsound,so IMO you should turn down the volume of those notes around the two spinner or make the two with hitsound Done - changed volume in some places.

the hitsound volume jump a lot(for example,00:36:45),this is a soft music,IMO it's not good for using hitsound loudly...and about volume changing ,i think 1.5 ticks a time is enough Volume lowered in some timing sections

also good map, sorry about pointing out the things about hitsound the second time,star~ Thanks ;)
ignorethis
The following mods are only suggestions (a bit nazi-ing, in fact), since I cannot find any obvious problem. Ignore them if you feel them unnecessary.

1. Although this may seem like a minor problem, but I request you use 3/4 triple for all timing sections. 4/4 makes timing mod hard and is incorrect.

2. Why use Easy+? You can just use normal.

3. (optional) Lower the volume by ~5% plz.

<Hard>
01:00:786 (5) - this spacing is easy to miss

The song is beautiful~ star'd. Call back for recheck and pubble.
Topic Starter
Mr Gaddy

ignorethis wrote:

The following mods are only suggestions (a bit nazi-ing, in fact), since I cannot find any obvious problem. Ignore them if you feel them unnecessary. All kind of mod is useful, if it helps song to get better ;)

1. Although this may seem like a minor problem, but I request you use 3/4 triple for all timing sections. 4/4 makes timing mod hard and is incorrect. Done.

2. Why use Easy+? You can just use normal. Well, because i wanted to make really easy difficulty. But in such song, its not easy D: So Easy+ is now Normal.

3. (optional) Lower the volume by ~5% plz. Well, if i would do that, some timing sections would be almost silenced D: I'll leave it like it's atm.

<Hard>
01:00:786 (5) - this spacing is easy to miss Done.

The song is beautiful~ star'd. Call back for recheck and pubble. Thanks :)
ignorethis
Rechecked. Good enough.

Pubble
Leorda
Witaj!

My family love Wall-E :)

[Normal]
00:36:846 (B) - The breaks are too short, remove it?
00:40:786 (1) - Move 1 grid left?
01:05:937 (B) - The breaks are too short, remove it?

I can't find something wrong :cry:

Good song
STAR
Topic Starter
Mr Gaddy

Leorda wrote:

[Normal]
00:36:846 (B) - The breaks are too short, remove it? Removed.
00:40:786 (1) - Move 1 grid left? Moved.
01:05:937 (B) - The breaks are too short, remove it? It's almost 5 seconds long, i'll leave it - unless someone will point it out.

I can't find something wrong :cry: yay :D

Good song
STARThanks ;)

James2250 wrote:

leaving pubble alone

Normal:
I would have the audio as low as Beuchi's for the entire beginning part Erm... where? There's no notes D: Anyway, i lowered overall volume like in other diff's.
00:37:13 timing section isnt needed Deleted.
00:58:19 timing section isnt needed Deleted.

Hard:
I would have the audio as low as Beuchi's for the entire beginning part Done.
lower audio on 1:52:000 timing section? Done.
02:13:513 (4) - add note? Added.
02:14:119 (5) - ^ Added.
02:14:725 (1) - end at 02:18:967? Well, this thing i'll just leave as it is now, i like it :d
Sonic Fumes
cool map
Beuchi
Ahhhh I know it's really really late (the map is already pubbled lol x_x) but... I made a diff for this >w<'

Totally up to you to add it or not, I don't want to cause any problems to you to get this ranked oxo
Download: Thomas Newman - Define Dancing (gadasiu) [Beuchi's Waltz].osu

Love this song *o* *star* + *star*
show more