forum

I can't time my own songs, I think [Closed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CheEZ_old
Fix what you goddamn broke. Getting Osu to sync properly like it did in the old versions is an impossible chore.
awp

Cheez wrote:

Fix what you goddamn broke. Getting Osu to sync properly like it did in the old versions is an impossible chore.
uh I think there's an option for that, actually. VSync. Not sure whether it's sposed to be on or off, but one of which is the "old sync" way.
Echo
Unless you're talking about a totally different sync?
Topic Starter
CheEZ_old
plenty of things don't work the way they did last time I ran osu. Especially if you change the songs' speeds while editing. The beats don't line up the same way on each of the four speeds. I'd explain my problems but it's not going to make anything clearer.
peppy
So don't bother posting in the first place, unless you actually want to explain what you.. I mean "I" broke.

I believe you sir, may just fail at timing your beatmap.
Echo

Cheez wrote:

I'd explain my problems but it's not going to make anything clearer.
So you want peppy to fix your problem, but you're not going to explain your problem.

Why bother posting in the first place?
Topic Starter
CheEZ_old

peppy wrote:

So don't bother posting in the first place, unless you actually want to explain what you.. I mean "I" broke.

I believe you sir, may just fail at timing your beatmap.
Yeah, that sounds like it would really BREAK SONGS THAT USED TO WORK.
Echo
Explain please.
peppy
Hello universal offset? Hell, I'm not sure I even want to give that much help based on this guy's attitude :/.
Topic Starter
CheEZ_old

peppy wrote:

Hello universal offset? Hell, I'm not sure I even want to give that much help based on this guy's attitude :/.
It didn't help when I tried it before coming here. It breaks -everything- and I still have this weird timing. If I change the offset in an attempt to fix the problem, it only makes more problems. trying to fix everything just doesn't work. Just by letting a song play in edit mode, I can hear the erratic timing of beats. It isn't noticable if I play slow. (meaning it has nothing to do with me not being able to make beatmaps, thank you very much)
Saturos

Cheez wrote:

Just by letting a song play in edit mode, I can hear the erratic timing of beats. It isn't noticable if I play slow. (meaning it has nothing to do with me not being able to make beatmaps, thank you very much)
Is it constant erraticness, as in it's always early or always late, or is it literally all over? Also, is this constant throughout all beatmaps, or different on each?

New beatmaps or ones you had before this problem? Both?

Playing on the same setup as before? (both computer and ingame options.)

Some beatmap names might be helpful, too. You say everything, but picking a few out to bring up specifically would probably help.

I went ahead and moved this to the Bug Reports board, as well.
Topic Starter
CheEZ_old

Saturos wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Just by letting a song play in edit mode, I can hear the erratic timing of beats. It isn't noticable if I play slow. (meaning it has nothing to do with me not being able to make beatmaps, thank you very much)
Is it constant erraticness, as in it's always early or always late, or is it literally all over? Also, is this constant throughout all beatmaps, or different on each?

New beatmaps or ones you had before this problem? Both?

Playing on the same setup as before? (both computer and ingame options.)

Some beatmap names might be helpful, too. You say everything, but picking a few out to bring up specifically would probably help.

I went ahead and moved this to the Bug Reports board, as well.
I've never changed anything. I hadn't updated during march I think. In any case, it happens with any song when I play through them... I can't tell exactly but it really sounds that evenly spaced beats are sounding at different times, sort of at random. I still think it's the program since I haven't done anything at all since the last time I used it.
peppy
Check your CPU usage with osu! running. Also, what saturos said - naming some maps would be a good idea.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
CheEZ_old
it's actually not a very big difference, but I notice it. I'm just wasting my time trying and failing to explain it, so nevermind.