forum

Unable to start Osu [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iSephi
I've tried everything and i'm out of ideas, I have the 2002 windows XP home edition with every system requirement filled, i even downloaded the several extra files to make video run faster D: i'm unable to begin Osu and when I try it shows this

An error has occurred.

System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "osu" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Resources.get_NoPixelShader11OrDDI9Support()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CheckForAvailableSupportedHardware()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()

:( i hope someone can help...
Saturos

iSephi wrote:

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Resources.get_NoPixelShader11OrDDI9Support()
Unfortunately, looks as though your graphic card is outdated.
Topic Starter
iSephi
AH! :P now i feel stupid, i'm just not accustomed to PC jargon anyway, thanks for the answer, could you give me a reccomendation to a good graphics card?
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
iSephi

peppy wrote:

You are pretty much open to any graphics card you can buy these days. In fact anything made after 2004 will have support no matter what. I would personally recommend nVidia cards as I have never had a problem with them over the years. You could probably pick up something second-hand if you don't want to spend >$100
Cool. (is probably one of the biggest fans of ouendan / EBA evar) I look forward to playing osu :D
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.