forum

Kentaro Ishizaka - Star Wolf (Brawl remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 17 April 2008 at 22:43:13

Artist: Kentaro Ishizaka
Title: Star Wolf (Brawl remix)
BPM: 171
Filesize: 2149kb
Play Time: 01:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. You're not so tough! (2.12 stars, 99 notes)
  2. You're good, but I'm better! (4.14 stars, 165 notes)
  3. Playtime is over, Star Fox. (4.98 stars, 313 notes)
Download: Kentaro Ishizaka - Star Wolf (Brawl remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My sixth beatmap is another video game music rearrangement that appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl - the battle theme against Team Star Wolf from the Star Fox games. Even though I've never played the games, just hearing this music gets me fired up from the moment I hear the starship engines start up. I've edited the audio file so that the beatmap ends after the first part of the theme is repeated because I thought that the beatmap would otherwise be too short. I hope this doesn't make it sound repetitive.

In case you don't know, the difficulty names are in-game quotes by Wolf O' Donnell. You can probably figure them out, but just in case: The first two versions are meant to be your reactions to the beatmap's difficulty - "You're not so tough!" is Easy and "You're good, but I'm better!" is Hard (although I spent quite some time trying to make it Normal to no avail :( ). However, the version named "Playtime is over, Star Fox" is what the beatmap's warning you (an alternate title, which was rejected for paraphrasing the quote, was "Can't let you clear that, Star Fox!"), so be prepared.

As ever, comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy this beatmap!

And remember: when in doubt, do a barrel roll.
hunnykilla
LANDMASTERRR! All modes were good, especially hard. Those triple stacked beats fit in the map.
awp
What the heck?!

No way! I don't believe it!

Topic Starter
Sinistro
You know, "What the heck?!" is probably a better name for Insane than "Play time is over, Star Fox". It fits with the other two being the player's expected reaction ;). But if I change Insane's name and reupload, there will be two Insanes, right?

EDIT: Scratch that. I can't use question marks in the name :(
Behon
I really like the timing on these, but the spinner at the beginning feels a little unnecessary. It might work better if you remove it.
awp
no problem bro if you ever need starfox64 quotes just ask I have almost all of 'em memorized

As for the remark about the spinner...I don't really mind it. That might be because I'm good at spinners, but more importantly, it feels like you're getting your engine started

and checking your g-diffusor

No arguments for easy.
Hard: You chose some pretty tricky timing that'll take some getting used to (for me, who is oh-so-familiar with the n64 version of the song) but you did well in the spacing to lend to this suggestion. Nothing really jumps out at me as WRONG.
Insane: I'm not too fond of some of the crazy rapid streams, but

THIS IS WHERE IT'S AT

Granted I only went over Insane on editor bot because the dark force (read: the wife) beckons so I don't have the ten or so minutes it'll take me to ace those streams but it is kickass.

EDIT: I apologize; I forgot to bubble this. Like, two days ago.
squeakypants
I swear, I'll beat this on Insane. I swear...
EiJi
Not a fan of the spacing, but that seems to be what makes this map special, so to speak.

<3.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Thank you for the ranking! :) But when you are talking about spacing, are you referring to the path the player follows while playing the map? Because I'm pretty sure that my beat spacing (distance snap) is correct.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Why do I bump this, you ask? awp has expressed interest in storyboarding this map, and I might try my hand at it too, as I'm rather excited about it. For later reference, almost-complete page of Starfox quotes:

http://starfox-online.net/media/audio/voiceacting/sf64/
Rush_iam
I don't know why, but [You're good, but I'm better!] [Playtime is over, Star Fox] difficultes don't have a link to "Quick Web Access" and don't show icon on tab (SS,S,A,B etc)